Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Making a Smarter Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Making a Smarter Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Making a Smarter Game

Wow, this is crazy what 2K has planned for this game, I am really excited about what the devs are doing to this game. SIM setting is great, thats something alot of fans have been wanting in sports games. Damn, im still excited about the Jordan stuff and 2k is just getting started revealing the other stuff about the game. Good insight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

Great!!!! I always wanted preset sliders for sim. I hate to be lost into the jungle of sliders.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Forget online play man this is all about AI not online sheesh

The core and SP game is and always should be the #1 priority first

I love how they tuned the FB's to work with hard breakers, ones that run semi hard, and ones that barely run

I tried to do that to nba live 10 last year changing the ratings to make their breaks run like that, but 2k actually programmed the game like this from the jump...

Thats pretty smart
No it isn't....online gaming the the #1 priority for me. I never play NBA2k games for their single player or Association mode....why?? Because the AIs simply are not good enough. Maybe this year might be different based on what the producers said about the AIs offensively and defensively. But then again...i heard this talk of improvements every year ....i am not convinced until i played the game. But nothing can beat HUMAN INTELLIGENCE!! That's where the fun is for me.

So i am wondering if online going to have 3 separate lobbies now? One for Default, Casual and one for Simulation? I think i prefer Default. And if the game play realistic and not lagging, i will try simulation.

Last edited by reptilexcq; 08-06-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:06 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 14

I appreciate the fact that 2K fixed the Miami court(it appears), Miami's shorts and Lebron James headband color. Much love for this.

I wonder if they have made changes to the rebounding game as well. Hopefully, guys like Dennis Rodman can be properly simulated; A 99 rating for rebounds is not enough, there needs to be some fundamental changes to how guys attack the glass... maybe there should be a tendency for that as well. In 2K10, at 6'7, its still a challenge to grab 10 much less 18 rebounds(speaking of the AI). Positioning, timing and will are factors in rebounding, and currently there is no tendency that differentiates a good rebounder from a fair rebounder to the AI. Same thing for if they add Barkley to the game, a guy who averaged 12-14 boards at a height of 6'5(6'6 listed).

Last edited by eko718; 08-06-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #45
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight "Making a Smarter Game"

Noice. Very noice. Would've even noicer if they could've said something about being able to attempt a steal without coming to a COMPLETE stop. Or to try and poke the ball out and keep manning up on D at the same time. That's when most reach ins occur. Not when you're trying to steal the ball from a stationary ballhandler.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 16

Great to hear, this works much better for games like NBA than a Easy-Medium-Hard thing.

I love the new tendencies, and hope they work well.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #47
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Im soooo excited!!!

I just cant hide it!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #48
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
No it isn't....online gaming the the #1 priority for me. I never play NBA2k games for their single player or Association mode....why?? Because the AIs simply are not good enough. Maybe this year might be different based on what the producers said about the AIs offensively and defensively. But then again...i heard this talk of improvements every year ....i am not convinced until i played the game. But nothing can beat HUMAN INTELLIGENCE!! That's where the fun is for me.

So i am wondering if online going to have 3 seperate lobbies now? One for Default, Casual and one for Simulation? I think i prefer Default. And if the game play realistic and not lagging, i will try simulation.
Wait...What???

isnt this the point?

Oh yea, All human are not smart..Thats why I stay alway from randoms

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »