Home

Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #113
Supporter

OVR: 22
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

Not a chance that I'd delete this patch and go back to the way the game was, which was more or less the hardest level being reduced to the easiest difficulty that is in the patched version of this game; Tombsong posted some incredibly valuable information in the thread about WR dropping passes for those who are struggling in that area, and it reduces the drop balls by a good margin. The CPU running game, although no where near the level of their passing game, has been improved. I've said it before, before the patch, while on defense, it was almost as if my defense was moving at a faster framerate than the offense, which would give my defense plenty of time to react and completely shut down things down, most notably the run. Now, If the CPU RB happens to get into the second level of the defense, they can pull off some nice runs, but it still isn't exactly ideal.

As far as me running the ball, I can almost see when I'm about to get shut down on a given play when I see certain alignments. I can run the ball notably better against bad teams on pro/hard, but teams with a good defense? I get shut down. I'm going to experiment with different audible running plays to see if I can gain an advantage. I've had moderately more success running the ball to the outside than to the inside where it's completely clogged most of the time. Still experimenting with the running game before I declare it broken for users like people did before with the passing game.

Last edited by Epiffani; 08-07-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #114
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
Not a chance that I'd delete this patch and go back to the way the game was, which was more or less the hardest level being reduced to the easiest difficulty that is in the patched version of this game; Tombsong posted some incredibly valuable information in the thread about WR dropping passes for those who are struggling in that area, and it reduces the drop balls by a good margin. The CPU running game, although no where near the level of their passing game, has been improved. I've said it before, before the patch, while on defense, it was almost as if my defense was moving at a faster framerate than the offense, which would give my defense plenty of time to react and completely shut down things down, most notably the run. Now, If the CPU RB happens to get into the second level of the defense, they can pull off some nice runs, but it still isn't exactly ideal.

As far as me running the ball, I can almost see when I'm about to get shut down on a given play when I see certain alignments. I can run the ball notably better against bad teams on pro/hard, but teams with a good defense? I get shut down. I'm going to experiment with different audible running plays to see if I can gain an advantage. I've had moderately more success running the ball to the outside than to the inside where it's completely clogged most of the time. Still experimenting with the running game before I declare it broken for users.
I agree with the running. The only two plays I've found that actually work for me with any kind of consistency are the Strong I stretch and the Bunch stretch. Ace Stretch works occasionally, but not enough to count. But none of the inside plays get anything for me on Hard anymore (save for the random luck), draws never worked for me, and pitches seem to get blown up by DEs more often than not, and even if they don't get blown up they go for about a yard or two.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #115
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

After reading through these impressions you all have sold me on this game. I didn't get it at first because I was on here reading about all the problems, but now I will buy it. I will be passing on Madden in favor of this. It will be nice to have something that is a change of pace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 8

What I did was take the latest 360 NFL roster and tweak it with Fynn's editor for the team I play as the Falcons, I upped the stats on my RB's and O-linemen and my QB. So I can pass well without to many INT's but now I have at least a reasonable running game

Now I still get a good challenge on medium and in my last game I even lost to the Colts on a missed FG with ZERO on the colck because they committed a PI on the last play. That was one freakin awesome game even though I lost.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #117
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm going to start my season on easy so I can get use to the patch and work on my running game then depending on my success ill increase the difficulty may RTBB may be a better to use for training I like what the patch has to offer, it took a a fun innovative game with many flaws and made it more fun. It still has some flaws which can't be fix during this development cycle but perhaps the next one. This is where the "Wishlist Thread "becomes very important because apparently the Developers do listen let's just be constructive respectful with our request to take Backbreaker 2 to the next level.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #118
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Already waiting for patch 2. This patch screws up alot without fixing much. It hides the faults of the lack of pass blocking with invisible fields that hold the defense back. There is also sliding and morphing occurring to reposition players, something madden fans have hated for years. The running game is non existent after the patch. You will get smashed after the hand off 3 out of every 5 attempts. You have to audible a lot because the computer just knows how to stop your run no matter if it's the first time you've called the play or the tenth. The computer also always plays cover 3 whenever you have 3 wide outs on the field making it too predictable.

Then there are the new dropped passes and interceptions that now require you receiver to have 2 feet down or take 2 steps before they can maintain possession of the ball. This was dumb, and should have been adopted for fumbles and not to determine if a player catches a ball or drops it.

Overall Greathouse gets a -D

If you look at the BB official forums, not a lot of people are happy with the patch
http://forum.backbreakergame.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
http://forum.backbreakergame.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Last edited by TreFacTor; 08-07-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #119
Banned

Boy the cpu passing is light years better.....good luck stop greathouse or NE..........boy I love this game........hard but fun......Budsticky its a good game bro
Old 08-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #120
Banned

Trafactor,,,,,,,,,are you kidding me? Yoi know what im not going to start with u .........greathouse B

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »