Home

Is Madden's Gameflow a Revolution or a Gimmick?

This is a discussion on Is Madden's Gameflow a Revolution or a Gimmick? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #49
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Is Madden's Gameflow a Revolution or a Gimmick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner420
My thoughts exactly. Just a new way of using the random play function that has been in every ea football game.
Except the plays aren't "random". YOU define up to 15 plays for each situation (down and distance) - so they are the plays YOU picked. If you just run with a teams default gameplan, sure they are totally random, but not really even then. They are just using the plays set up in that teams "default" gameplan. You have to spend time in the gameplanning feature in order for gameflow to be at its fullest potential. Just loved what I saw in my short "non-default" test.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 11

This thread is a great example of why I believe EA underestimates the Madden consumer. As soon as Gameflow was announced and described, some were already saying it sounded like a robust "ask madden", and EA gets somewhat defensive when asked about this.

Then again, it may not have anything to do with underestimating the Madden consumer, but simply implementing another feature they hope will pull in more casual gamers/noobs.

Either way, gimmick IMHO.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFTejada
It's a gimmick; Gameflow = for noobs. Why would I want the CPU to call plays for me? I did buy the game I would like to pick my own plays; forget all these gimmicks - EA needs to focus on A Defensive A.I patch, franchise mode & we'll be straight
you took the words right outta my mouth !!

Oh and PATCH the Strategy pad !! I hate this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #52
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13
Gimmick, like others have said it seems like just a glorified Ask Madden. For casual players not something for a sports game vet. I'm starting to think (I'm probably late on this) the only reason Madden sells as much as it does is because of all the little kids and EA fans boys who purchase the game every year regardless of what changes are made. I don't know why EA are taking such a casual approach, maybe it's because they know they can't satisfy the sim gamer so they're taking the easy way out. EA is still playing catchup from when they promised gamers the world with that original Madden '06 video then failed miserably. I hope they get themselves in check soon, I'm starting to fiend for a proper NFL game and just can't go back to NFL 2k5's graphics anymore.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #53
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
This thread is a great example of why I believe EA underestimates the Madden consumer. As soon as Gameflow was announced and described, some were already saying it sounded like a robust "ask madden", and EA gets somewhat defensive when asked about this.

Then again, it may not have anything to do with underestimating the Madden consumer, but simply implementing another feature they hope will pull in more casual gamers/noobs.

Either way, gimmick IMHO.
Most of the people who have commented in this thread haven't set up a gameplan to go with their Gameflow. The poster earlier (and please do not take this as an attack) said that he saw a called reverse on 3rd and 18... I'm sorry but if you don't want to see these plays then it is up to YOU to set your gameplan up so that is not even a thought in the situation.

As I've said, I have not done significant testing at this point, but early returns while combining Gameflow WITH Gameplanning AS INTENDED, produces quality results, and speedier games.

I still want to work with the system too, but flat out I believe a lot of people that are bashing the system have not put any significant depth and time into their gameplans. If you just go default, yes - it will do some dumb things and some plays you would NEVER call.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #54
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
Except the plays aren't "random". YOU define up to 15 plays for each situation (down and distance) - so they are the plays YOU picked. If you just run with a teams default gameplan, sure they are totally random, but not really even then. They are just using the plays set up in that teams "default" gameplan. You have to spend time in the gameplanning feature in order for gameflow to be at its fullest potential. Just loved what I saw in my short "non-default" test.

exactly. Not only does it replicate how a real NFL calls a game (pre-set plays for most situations) it allows you to customize the game plan as you said.

Calling this a "random play generator" is not to know what it really is nor giving it a chance obviously.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #55
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
exactly. Not only does it replicate how a real NFL calls a game (pre-set plays for most situations) it allows you to customize the game plan as you said.

Calling this a "random play generator" is not to know what it really is nor giving it a chance obviously.
Thanks for backing me up. I am going to be making a thread called "Jay's Lions Gameplan/Gameflow test" or something of the sort and working with gameplans that I've tweaked as far as they can be tweaked and reporting my results. If you see it, subscribe! I honestly think that if people get into this feature, it may be really awesome - and the more we can get people into using the system and reporting their results, the more we can possibly get EA to take our input on this feature.

We know they are listening now, I for one and am going to play and learn my *** of in order to try to help get the game we all want!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #56
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

In response to the "noob Ask Madden" thought... I actually think with correct use, this may be the most NON "noob" feature we have been given in some time. Gotta get to testing now, GO LIONS!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »