Home

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed Until Early 2011, New Beta Dates Announced Soon

This is a discussion on Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed Until Early 2011, New Beta Dates Announced Soon within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed Until Early 2011, New Beta Dates Announced Soon

According to the official Test Drive Unlimited 2 website, the game has been delayed until early 2011. Beta dates will be announced soon.

Quote:
"Atari Shifts Test Drive® Unlimited 2 Into First Quarter 2011; New Beta Dates Announced Soon

Today we have an announcement pertaining to the release schedule for the highly anticipated Test Drive® Unlimited 2. Please see the following announcement for the details on the change in schedule and beta program:

Dear TDU2 Community and fans,

Eden and Atari are announcing today that the release date of Test Drive Unlimited 2 is being moved back to Q1 2011. We wanted to take some time to talk to you specifically, our community and fans, and explain why this is and what it means for you.

As we are sure you are aware, TDU2 is a highly ambitious game and also very big. Since locking down the final features, some months ago, we have been busy getting the bugs out of the game, polishing all of the features to make the game as fun as possible, and ensuring that we deliver a robust and reliable online service from the day we go live. We’re at the point now where we have a pretty solid game, which is fun and could be launched shortly. However, with a few extra months of polish it could be even better.

We know that this delay will come as a disappointment to many of you but we hope that you will understand the benefits of taking the time to get this right, because it now gives us more time to listen and respond to feedback from the Beta program. We will be announcing the new Beta dates shortly, as well as revealing exclusive Beta tester rewards, as a thank you for their patience and continuing support.

Thank you,

The Test Drive Unlimited 2 Team"
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #2

OVR: 34
Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed Until Early 2011

I'm actually sort of relieved. Too many games this fall to enjoy.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
I kind of figured it would be delayed. Haven't heard anything about it since about April, and it was supposed to be released next month.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed Until Early 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'm actually sort of relieved. Too many games this fall to enjoy.
Yeah, while this was one of my most anticipated games of the year, it going to release along side F1 and followed by SBK X the next week. This is also just weeks after Halo Reach comes out.

So - I'll be looking for info to get in the beta and waiting for 2011 when I can dedicate all my time to this one great title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »