Home

NHL 11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360)

Haven't had a chance to try the demo yet but was wondering how you guys like the new passing system ? If Online GM is in this game and they did it right, I will buy 2 copies of this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i really like how the game speed was slowed down a bit.

the strategy you set at the edit line screen finally work again. no need to change them in game anymore.

nice to see the cpu players actually make moves and dekes to get passed ya.

also cool to see them dump the puck in and go get it, as well as dumping to get a line change.

slash button is gone, thank god!!

post whistle is solid now, no mortal kombat fights going on..

sigh, top of circle wrist shots go in at the same rate as in nhl 10.. top shelf, boom, back of the net.. so easy. i wish they would fix this.

they took out the attribute slider. the one that makes skilled players stand out more.

same stupid fake slap shot backhand or forehand is still money on a breakaway. as is the deke to backhand and then release deke to forehand wrist shot..

sigh.

the Ultimate Team will get some playing time from me, just bc its something different.
The attribute slider is still there Fids, look again.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 4

I really wish they would've given us 3 5 minute periods to play. The Madden demo got 20 minutes of playing time.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #84
Rookie

pandacore's Arena

OVR: 0

really loving the EAUHL (or whatever it's called.) Line chemistry is an added bonus, and really makes you think about tweaking each line. One thing I haven't noticed so far is contract cards, when players contracts' expire, will there be a way to extend their playing time? So far I've only found training cards.

Also, found that there's manual hip checks this year. Push in right analog and skate towards a player.

Lastly, new 1 on 1 deke moves:
LB + up: puck handler hops over diving players.
LB + down: puck handler brings puck towards feet and kicks it back to the stick
Old 08-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #85
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3

Wasn't sure if I should make a separate thread so I'll just my vids here.

Hawks vs Flyers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnRN9_3rE4w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #86
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

[quote=m-dogg;2041482133]3 questions that will help EASHL cheese:

can someone play as the smallest skater on the ice and run around trying to hit everything that moves? do you succeed? and you manhandled? I'd love to hear midgets are finally victims to the laws of actual physics this year, might make more people be normal size...naaaahh...

From what I have seen I think this should be more realistic. I tried for just a bit to do what you are asking but it is surprising how hard it is to nail another player when thats all you are trying to do lol.

I did notice that rather than full on takedowns there was more glancing which semed to result in a shift in momentum to both players.

Even tried to smash a lone skater after the whistle but the two just kind of collided and bounced mildly off eachother. However, I could feel the dull thud of the impact. I have only done it once in this demo during a stoppage where I have pasted a guys a$$ on the ice when he wasn't expecting it. It was brutal full frontal hit, had me chuckling.

You should be aware that hip checks and so forth can be very effective but nothing seems over the top. This demo is certainly not a hit fest.

OK, quickly I will give it another shot then I am off to bed.

Righto, I just used Madden to deliberately stalk down the cpu but all he did was shove them and kind of push them off their line but he did not send them into the next life like perhaps last years game would have. I am just suspecting that fatigue may also be an issue, the longer he was out there the more sluggish he seemed. NOt really enough oompf to really do too much damage the longer the shift went on. Eventually he was just glancing off the cpu.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 4

Anyone notice how much faster the ref skates in to whistle you for a penalty? He warp skates in and makes the call now. No more lollydagging in. Also, I'm really liking the passing system. Stretch passes can now be done a lot easier IMO. Like real hockey, you can put some torque on your passes. Awesome!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #88
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
The attribute slider is still there Fids, look again.
RealmK, I thought you were waiting for the PSN? Was the temptation to great and you get a Gold membership for a month? I was thinking of doing that...it's only like $9...and I might leave work at lunch anywho...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »