Home

NHL 11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #129
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aepoc
Wouldn't using the hustle button to hit a guy be a charging call?
It should be, haven't seen it happen yet though.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah, it could be. It's at the refs discretion. I was assessed a charging minor while fully utilizing the hustle button with Drew Doughty earlier. I had about 10 full strides with Doughty and hit Taylor Hall into the boards which drew the call.

From the rulebook...

"43.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player or goalkeeper who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.
Charging shall mean the actions of a player or goalkeeper who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.
A minor, major or a major and a game misconduct shall be imposed on a player who charges a goalkeeper while the goalkeeper is within his goal crease.
A goalkeeper is not “fair game” just because he is outside the goal crease area. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an opposing player makes unnecessary contact with a goalkeeper. However, incidental contact, at the discretion of the Referee, will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact."
Old 08-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #131
Pro

OVR: 10

Just by looking at the video is it me or are the fights off the faceoff pretty strange. It looks like you're about to take the puck then bam magically everyone disappears. I could see this being abused online...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #132
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Enjoyable demo... The improvements are nicely done.

I hate to say it, but I think it's time for a new broadcast team. The commentary is stale, and though the game is great, in some ways it still feels like the same game because I've heard those guys say the same things a zillion times...
Old 08-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 1

The demo just got better bc it confirms that there will be custom goal horns. It's in the help section under custom music
Old 08-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #134
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Just by looking at the video is it me or are the fights off the faceoff pretty strange. It looks like you're about to take the puck then bam magically everyone disappears. I could see this being abused online...
Yeah that's pretty brutal. I'm actually shocked that first person fighting is still in the game if it's still causing the ice/benches to be devoid of all life. Totally kills the intensity.

I am liking the fact that not absolutely everyone seems to get into scraps this time around so far. I mean I know anything can happen (Semin's slapfest!) but I just don't feel like we're ever going to see Ben Eager vs. Nicklas Backstrom.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
I mean I know anything can happen (Semin's slapfest!)
You mean Drumfest, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #136
Banned

OVR: 1

Someone needs to explain to me why there is no sense of momentum or speed playing "hardcore". Unless you manually control a player to "hustle" your AI won't come with any speed or even chase most of the time on a dump. I had several steps on the Hawks D-man with Carter and dude just stopped moving his legs on the breakaway. Defensively everyone skates and the energy is fine, but once you get the puck any sense of flow is gone. I can put a tape-to-tape outlet pass from Pronger to a player moving through the neutral zone and he never gains or keeps any speed. Maybe I'm not doing something right, but at least offensively the demo seems broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »