Home

NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Available with Details, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Available with Details, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #513
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Available with Details, Post Your Impressions Here

I have been gone for a couple weeks, so what has ruined the game: patch or tuner set? is it both?
Old 08-22-2010, 01:09 AM   #514
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Available with Details, Post Your Impressions Here

I think I agree with the majority, when I say this game was much more enjoyable before the last patch. I am still working to find a slider set that brings the great before the patch feel, but I don't know...
Old 08-22-2010, 02:31 AM   #515
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Question: Has anyone tried deleting only the tuner sets and keeping patch #2?

I recall playing one game post-second patch, before I downloaded any tuner set (I hadn't activated my online code at that point), and getting a similar experience as before. But after I downloaded the tuner sets, all hell broke loose.

I believe you can delete the tuners from file management. This way you'll still have dirty uniforms.

I guess what I'm asking is, is it the second patch or the tuners (or both) that's made this game an abomination?

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 03:26 AM   #516
MVP

OVR: 30

Maybe it's just me but the game is just fine after the 2nd patch. Someone mentioned the running game suffering after the patch? Not over here. I even had a Heisman winning RB after the patch during my 2nd yr
Old 08-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #517
Rookie

Sammich's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Question: Has anyone tried deleting only the tuner sets and keeping patch #2?

I recall playing one game post-second patch, before I downloaded any tuner set (I hadn't activated my online code at that point), and getting a similar experience as before. But after I downloaded the tuner sets, all hell broke loose.

I believe you can delete the tuners from file management. This way you'll still have dirty uniforms.

I guess what I'm asking is, is it the second patch or the tuners (or both) that's made this game an abomination?
I'm playing on a rented copy, so I have the patch but no tuner. I'm definitely seeing an increase in QB accuracy and WR catching post-patch. CPU RBs covering up and massive CPU 3rd-down blitzes are marginally improved with the patch, but both are still an issue.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:48 AM   #518
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Maybe it's just me but the game is just fine after the 2nd patch. Someone mentioned the running game suffering after the patch? Not over here. I even had a Heisman winning RB after the patch during my 2nd yr

They are mostly talking about the cpu running game suffering. Human running game is as easy as ever.(at least for me)
Old 08-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #519
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy2500
i agree with the sliders not totally doing what they should do and something i never understood about the whole thing to start with.

if 0 really meant 0 and 100 really meant 100 then the problem of everyone searching for their type of football game is over (gameplay anyway)

if WR is set to 0 then no one should be able to catch a pass, its just a drop every time and if its 100 then no one should drop it. that's what 0 threw 100 should be like in my book anyway and if each step in between works across the board for each slider then that year after year search for the perfect slider problem is over.
That's not true because all players still haver to function off ratings on the field...

There are no players with a 0 or 100 rating in any category of the game.

So if you set a slider to 0 for catching that doesn't mean a guy won't catch the ball because the minimum catch ratings assigned to any player is 40 your just basically reducing them down to minimum ability.

If you set FG Power to 0 it doesn't stop the kicker from being able to kick more than 1 yd. IN fact I think most players can still kick 35 yards even with power at 0. So, I'd imagine the most damage you've caused with 0 WR catching is to make the guy with 40 catch ability reduce down to 35 but the problem with that is the WR's are way above 40 catch ratings so you won't get what your looking for on the field unless you using OL and DL at WR

You guys are thinking of sliders as a seperate aspect of the game which functions on it's own but the sliders still calaculate off of player ratings giving a boost up or down. It doesn't make any player in the game have 0 skill ability or 100 ability because those aren't true player value ratings.

I also have my reasons as to why i don't think 0 Run Defense works vs 100 Run Block but I'll just let that one go.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-22-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #520
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think the problem lies with the broken tackles. Suction blocking. And the QB escaping almost every sack opportunity. The AI WRs always break off their routes when the QB is under pressure and the QB always has an escape route.

Ive noticed my DBs sitting there looking at the WRs run right by them. They dont even react. They just sit there. Or they are touching the ground on even the simplest of routes.

I've never touched my sliders and I don't plan on it. The CPU is able to get away with murder on me. Because my AI controlled players just sit there or they miss tons of tackles.

This is not even counting Robo QB that comes out and scores on me in 40secs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »