Home

NBA 2K11: New Alley-Oop Controls, Jordan Challenge=8 Mins and NBA-Approved Hard Fouls

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11: New Alley-Oop Controls, Jordan Challenge=8 Mins and NBA-Approved Hard Fouls within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 04:37 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K11: New Alley-Oop Controls, Jordan Challenge=8 Mins and NBA-Approved Hard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
People posted the MJ video and Kobe's kicks in this thread and I responded to both. If you would be ok with someone referring to you as the "supporting cast" in a TEAM sport then I can't help you see my point of view. If outsiders looking in want to call them that fine. I would think that even if MJ believed that to be true, I think it's a little disrespectable in a sense to call them that in public when in fact they are all in the foxhole with you. In other words he went out of his way to seperate himself from his teammates when he didn't really have to (People already acknowledge he is better without that)Just my $.02. Respond to me PM if you have anything further to say. No disrespect.
It would make my day if Michael Jordan ever referred to me as his supporting cast, but that's probably why I'm not in the NBA.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:48 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K11: New Alley-Oop Controls, Jordan Challenge=8 Mins and NBA-Approved Hard F

I disagree. Everyone knew they are the supporting cast. Whats the first thing Artest did when he won the championship? He thanked Kobe for putting him on. The know the leader of their team. They know who the leader is. If I think I'm better than Kobe(and I'm not) then I would be cool. Mike is mike lol.

However, If I'm Kobe and shaq's calls me his supporting cast, I think you have the right to be upset.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:53 PM   #99
Pro

OVR: 7

[quote=yungflo;2041539748]I disagree. Everyone knew they are the supporting cast. Whats the first thing Artest did when he won the championship? He thanked Kobe for putting him on. The know the leader of their team. They know who the leader is. If I think I'm better than Kobe(and I'm not) then I would be cool. Mike is mike lol.

Exactly. It's a metaphorical comparison. Not a big deal. Anyways, back on topic................
Old 08-31-2010, 07:09 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Some new info on Jordan Challenge (Espn videogames)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Thanks for posting, nice info.

I thought this mode would be 12-minute quarters. To score 63 points in a 8-minute quarter game will be a cheeser's dream. And what about 69 points?
If you check out some old MJ footage you will see how pretty much he was the team.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:34 PM   #101
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
...If you would be ok with someone referring to you as the "supporting cast" in a TEAM sport then I can't help you see my point of view. If outsiders looking in want to call them that fine. I would think that even if MJ believed that to be true, I think it's a little disrespectable in a sense to call them that in public when in fact they are all in the foxhole with you. In other words he went out of his way to seperate himself from his teammates when he didn't really have to (People already acknowledge he is better without that)Just my $.02...
Breaking News:
The truth hurts.

MJ told the truth. The truth hurts. We have indeed become a nation of wussies. It's like with kids: I absolutely hate when a kid who rides the bench thinks he's gonna be a pro athlete, when a kid who hates school and reading swears he's gonna be a lawyer, and when a kid who makes Ds and Fs in science just knows he's gonna be a doctor. We're too soft; instead of being real with these kind of kids, we tell them they can become these things. If an actor is THE star of a movie, he should have no problem referring to his co-stars as his supporting cast. Same goes for MJ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 07:45 PM   #102
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Some new info on Jordan Challenge (Espn videogames)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW_ORLEANS
If you check out some old MJ footage you will see how pretty much he was the team.
Yeah, but we still need to dish some asists along with the scoring.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #103
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The challenges that require us to score 60 plus with Mike are going to be really, really tough for me. With 12 minutes I knew that I was going to have a difficult time accomplishing those goals, with 8 minutes I may not be able to get it done.

I'm like pathologically adverse to shooting with any player more then 25 times in a game. In all the years I've been playing basketball games, I don't think I've ever even scored 40 points with any one player.

I'm going to feel guilty hoisting up 40, 50 shots with Mike, even when I'm using that scruby 1986 team, lol.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:21 PM   #104
MVP

OVR: 18

No news on whether or not we can change quarter length?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »