Home

NHL 11 Hands-On: Be a GM Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Hands-On: Be a GM Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2010, 01:01 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 11 Hands-On: Be a GM Impressions

Quote:
Authentic draft pick ownership
How on Earth did this slip through the cracks, and not get discussed by anyone, till now?This is a huge addition to many people.

Also Qb, can you sort through player ratings while trading this year? ie. see who the fastest player is on any given team with a press of a button.

Last edited by GreenReign86; 09-03-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:14 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 22

One more question. if you start from the 2010 draft, can you draft the real life players that were in the real life 2010 draft? Hall, Saigun ect? Or do they start out with their already assigned clubs? Here's hoping it's the former.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:58 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
One more question. if you start from the 2010 draft, can you draft the real life players that were in the real life 2010 draft? Hall, Saigun ect? Or do they start out with their already assigned clubs? Here's hoping it's the former.
You can choose to do either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 03:14 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by waspman3
so my 1st question is I'm used to playing Dynasty and BAP mode now, really interested in this GM mode so how exactly does this start out. Can I draft my players or just what exactly should I expect?
GM mode=dynasty mode. is the same pretty much as it was in 10. You can either start at the draft this year or start in the preseason with the current rosters including Hall, Sequin etc on their proper teams.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #37
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

OVR: 0

My question is less about Be A GM mode than it is about actual gameplay. I'm sort of surprised I haven't seen anything on this topic as of yet.

Penalties...

Are penalties improved in NHL 11? What I mean is, when you play against the CPU AI, will you actually get 3-4 powerplays per game? In 10, I would go for multiple games without a penalty getting called either way (with the penalty and aggression sliders maxed).

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #38
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaski pola
Hey,
I appreciate you answering the questions, I'm not sure if you misunderstood this or just missed it.

I'm also pretty curious about teams with college prospects, are they neglected in the game?
I thought I answered it, sorry. There are no fake stand-ins for college prospects. I know the Penguins have several college players on their THN Yearbook top 10 prospect list that aren't in the game (Bennett, Samuelsson, Velischek, etc). Any team that likes to draft US college players will be in the same boat, unfortunately. We'll have to make them ourselves... or at least pester MattG to get his Ultimate Rosters out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
Wow, this might seem crazy... But will Nikita Filatov be in this game?
He's in and he still looks like Amanda Bynes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Was wondering this as well. Are we able to view a potential draft pick's CHL stats when we're scouting them, or at the very least on draft day?
I'm pretty sure the scouting screen is similar if not identical to 10 -- it shows all the player ratings with color-coded numbers depending on how certain you scout is about a particular rating or a question mark if it is unknown. I'm not certain, but I don't think you can see stats from the scouting menus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
I wonder how far the rights extend, for example ... Olive Ekman-Larsson is one of the most highly touted defensive prospects in a long time, and has signed an ELC. But I don't believe(could be wrong) he played in a league within NHL 10 last year. It would suck to have to wait till the first roster update to start a GM Mode.
The player rights apply to players in any of the European leagues in NHL11 and the CHL, so a player must be on the roster of a team in one of those leagues to be in the game (aside from the handful of prominent non-NHL players on national teams... Jagr, Morozov, etc).

As for "Olive", if memory serves he played on a Swedish second division team, and if so, he wouldn't be on the initial roster (I don't know for sure). I'll tell you what, using my amazing creative powers, I'll personally make you a CAP for him so you can start your BAGM. If I had no job, wife, or kid, I'd be right there with Matt making kick-*** rosters & CAPs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigogouhou
Do they offer the option to play a reduced schedule (i.e. 29 games)? The mode sounds awesome, but I hate simming games & I don't have time to play through 82 so I'd never get through a season
Unfortunately, no, seasons are restricted to 82 games in GM mode. I made a personal pitch to the appropriate people for shorter schedule options while at the community event in May.

That's all for now and I'll be away from the computer all morning. I'll try to get the ones I skipped later, although I think several of them fall into the "I don't know" category at this time.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 13
Great article, Qb! Makes waiting the hardest part (Sorry, Tom).
Old 09-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #40
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddurst
My question is less about Be A GM mode than it is about actual gameplay. I'm sort of surprised I haven't seen anything on this topic as of yet.

Penalties...

Are penalties improved in NHL 11? What I mean is, when you play against the CPU AI, will you actually get 3-4 powerplays per game? In 10, I would go for multiple games without a penalty getting called either way (with the penalty and aggression sliders maxed).

Thanks!
They seem fine in the demo, and I have no idea how you saw so few in 10. Baffles the hell out of me, honestly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »