Home

NBA 2K11 Demo Available Now, Impressions and Discussion Here (360,PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Demo Available Now, Impressions and Discussion Here (360,PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K11 Demo Available Now, Impressions and Discussion Here (360) - PS3 Later To

I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but I love the defensive fundamentals in this game. Your teammates actually help you on D for a change ... or at least don't do anything idiotic like over-help. That's been my biggest complaint in the past and even though it's only on Pro, I like the defensive logic used here.

No complaints on how the CPU scored.

Staples Center atmosphere is top notch. They really paid attention to the organ and the arena layout. This isn't even with custom music.

I love momentum jumpers ... finally. I can finally utilize Kobe's mid-range game in a realistic way.

Glad they got rid of lock on D. I like it better like this. I don't feel like I'm getting sucked into animations/opponents anymore for the most part (offensively or defensively).

Only very minor complaint is that illegal screens are annoying when you don't want a pick and your teammate sets it late. But that only happened twice in 8 quarters or so.

It's not a layup-fest from what I experienced. The balance between offensive execution and defensive decision making allow the game to look like the closest thing to real basketball I've seen so far. Then again, it's just on Pro, so we'll see. But most of what I saw was positive.

I'm sure I'll eventually find something big to complain about, but I haven't been this impressed with a 2K demo ever. And I'm saying that without having a fluid grasp of the new controls yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #146
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K11 Demo Available Now, Impressions and Discussion Here (360) - PS3 Later To

i hope the cpu doesnt go for pump fakes as easily as this when you change the difficulty. seemingly every time i pump fake, the cpu jumps and it leaves me open. i was kinda surprised here and was ready to back pierce down before i went in for the dunk.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #147
MVP

OVR: 19

In my opinion the player control still leaves a lot to be desired, but the gameplay otherwise is phenomenal. I had my doubts coming into this year, but those seem to be fading with every gameplay video.

The off-ball movement, plays, smart A.I. might be too much to pass up this year.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #148
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

im really loving the control! They have that Live 10 feel to them! Momentum is done perfectly imo. I also like how you have to use iso- motion without the turbo.

Lead passing is toned down alot.

The CPU A.I. is a lot smarter also

Great Job 2K
Old 09-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #149
Pro

OVR: 12

Control List for Shot types

Seen a lot of 'how do you' questions.

here's a shot control reference from 2k insights.

Shooting the Ball

● Left = Hop/Euro Step dunk
● Right = Rim Hang dunk
● Away = Spin dunk (in traffic) or Reverse dunk (on a breakaway)
● Twirl = 360 in air dunk (for the few guys that can do them)

● Shot Modifier + Straight = Euro Step or Fake Pass (think Rondo) Layup
● Shot Modifier + Left = Hop Step left layup
● Shot Modifier + Right = Hop Step right layup
● Shot Modifier + Away = Spin layup

Nate Robinson's dunk's have slightly less spring to them, so it doesn't look like he's getting up as high as he did in the SDC during dunks in traffic.

I'm absolutely enamored by this demo despite it's obvious shortcomings.

I have a new gripe, now that i can accurately translate thoughts to actions. Ray Allen falls overs too much ;P
Old 09-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #150
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

Just saw a pretty cool sequence. There was about 2 secs remaining and I had Gasol inbounding the ball. I ran up the court with Bryant and threw the pass. Gasol's throw was terrible and it ended up by Bryants feet. Bryant then juggled the ball until time expired.

Loving the demo so far. My only gripe is that Ray Allen still looks like an alien.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #151
Rookie

Icon10 Re: NBA 2K11 Demo Available Now, Impressions and Discussion Here (360) - PS3 Later To

Couple of glitches like how in the blue hell can you sub in on the free throw shooter...lol...Ray was shooting two and he got subbed by Wafer...wth...but the icon double team is great when it does come up...option to play with only the lakers is okay ...I like Paul Pierce shots it look like he has a jumper and a set shoot..KG post moves are nice...Kobe is sick to play with...the blocks are going to be great with real shot blockers..can you imagine josh smith/howard/sammie/or Mcgee coming over from the weak side...I like some of the Dunk Captures...but not enough real one leg takeoffs...I done played this game since 0550 CST time to take a nap...but no doubt I am getting this at 0007 CST 5 Oct...This game right here...nice........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #152
Rookie

the demo isnt good to be felt just like 2k10 where i didnt have control of my player a lot // its just a smoother 2k10 thought it was going to be a little different

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »