Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Association

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Association within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #81
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Association

Excellent news. By far the best news I've heard about 2k11 since I'm a huge Association/Franchise junkie. The team building/states is just like something I posted in the Association improvements thread. Nice to know that the producers are always reading.

A couple things I wish, though.
1.) Online Association. Was hoping I'd see that at the bottom of the article but never did. Oh well, always next year.

2.) Improved generated rookies. I hope giving us the ability to create draft classes isn't going to be a cop out for how poorly done their generated players have been. They've been bad as far as tendencies and signature moves go for the last few years.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0
http://www.operationsports.com/sambowie/blog/10424-guy-has-trouble-with-nba-elite-demo-hilarious/

I know off topic but.. Please, please PLEASE for those who havent seen this..... its the funniest thing ive seen in a minute. literally was crying i was laughing so hard. wife and kids had to check on me. still laughing!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #83
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA2K11 Developer Insights: Association

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
* Improved scouting
* Editable/Real D-League Rosters
* The ability to set injuries before starting an Association (type, how severe and for how long)
* Realistic draft picks (i.e. the Rockets owning the Knicks 2012 being reflected in the game, or at least the ability to customize this before starting an Association
* The ability to "swap picks" and "add protection"
* Role players/ bench guys morale not sucking because... well they suck and aren't getting playing time.
* Ability to promote assistant coaches.
* Ability to edit/swap coaches when managing rosters before starting an Association

Just to name a few.
Very good list and would all be welcomed additions for the following titles. Add to that list the summer league circuit(sort of what they did with the ABL in CHoops 2k8) and we may have the deepest franchise mode ever. Imagine being able to play games with D-league players and undrafted rookies to see who you want to give those last few contracts to before pre-season starts.

You may have drafted somebody in the 2nd round of the draft but you suck with him but see that undrafted guy you were considering and he actually fits your style better. You can give him the contract and may even let the 2nd rounder go.

Man i can't stress how much I love Association mode and the replay ability of it. Keeps this game in my disc tray because of it
Old 09-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 36

This is really really good, and I can't wait to jump into it. I'll probably have a 30 team association, and 1 where I play like 25 games a year with one team if the A.I. is as good as they say it is for other teams.

A couple questions though, I hope maybe Simballer could answer:

1. If I play an association with the Jazz let's say, could I still play any game I wanted too? Like the Celtics-Lakers finals or something like that.

2. Did you improve the # of wins/losses teams get per season. Like, the best team only winning 50 games?

Thanks for actually addressing your franchise mode and not ignoring it. Now please teach Madden how to do the same...
Old 09-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 4

This simply is just too much information to process right now. Association sounds absolutely top-notch. I hope that it is refined and there won't be a "game-killer" that has to be patched. The little things section just KEPT GOING. Oh my god, The Show '10 will FINALLY get a break when this game comes out. I'm gonna have some work to do with my Rockets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #86
Pro

OVR: 17

It seems as though we may not need to control 30 teams any more
I'm not owed anything by anyone.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #87
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Man, you can really tell that 2K listens to their fans year in and year out. A lot of these additions, tweaks, etc have been community demanded. It's a beautiful thing where we win and 2K wins by keeping loyal customers and sales by listening.

I really wish every development team would really look at NBA 2k and MLB: The Show when it comes to how listening to your fan base makes your game better and increases profits. I'd bet that 2K is going to outsell every previous 2k basketball title by a large margin this year.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 09-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 3

- Morale & Foul Trouble: A highly requested addition, players will no longer take negative morale hits when they don’t play their desired minutes due to foul trouble. They will now only get mad at themselves and not at you for keeping them off the court!

I threw my hands up in victory when I read this! Finally I don't have to trade Jason Thompson, Mareese Speights, Roy Hibbert or Greg Oden when I pick their respective teams!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »