Home

Fight Night Champion Blog #1 - Community Day

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Blog #1 - Community Day within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: FN: Champion Blog #1 - Community Day

Is stun blocking still in? Don't have to elaborate, just a simple yes or no question...
Old 11-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #34
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

As mentioned earlier there has to be more to the career mode beyond a CAP and a single road to title holder and subsequent defends. I made a post a long time ago outlining how much more immersed you would be if you played the part of (for lack of a better term) commish or promoter where you could guide a stable of fighters throughout the years or at the very least be able to fight all the fight cards top to bottom or cherry pick the ones you want to participate in. This allows you to experience the entire scope of all that boxing has to offer vs. a narrow scope of a single fighter journey. Having the ability to match up and create cards or progress a multitude of fighters over the years would be a breathe of fresh air. Obviously this would still allow you to stick with one fighter if you were to choose to do so.

It seems that nearly every game has the same or similar career mode plus or minus tidbits here and there. There really needs to be a new and fresh landscape to the career mode.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamtino
Is stun blocking still in? Don't have to elaborate, just a simple yes or no question...

He's a quote from someone who has a EGM issue 242 magazine with a 4 page Fight Night Champion layout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cem_ea_id.ModernAutomatic
Here's some things I found in the article. I won't copy what they said in the article, but instead provide bullet points of what they revealed.

- game looks smoother with light motion blur, improved physics and lighting effects
- Tale of the tape screens
- more dynamic default camera
- numerous control alterations and gameplay tweaks
- 6 control schemes, default includes punching with the stick AND buttons (?)
- "Full Spectrum Punch Control" lets you throw double the variation of punches from round 4
- Overhands, flair straights and hookercuts are examples of new punches in addition to our old repertoire
- One button blocking allowing you to tap for a single punch or hold for lasting coverage
- punching out of the block
- Haymakers are gone, replaced with a power modifier for all punches
- New stun states, including a "rung bell" that can last minutes, and even carry round to round
- TWO stamina bars, aerobic and anaerobic. One for punching one for movement
- Much closer inside fighting, including moving the opponent chest to chest
- In ring referee
- Automated between round corner game. Balanced and no more "points"
- Fighters move different over the course of a lengthy fight
- In addition to Legacy mode (which is returning) there is a new "Champion" mode that is yet to be revealed
- Legacy upgrades like money which can be used to hire managers and other staff
- Also in Legacy, international gym travel for advanced training
- 10 training minigames
- Legacy starts with lenghier amateur career with olympic scoring and equipment
- 55-60 licensed fighters along with yet-to-be-revealed new faces
- First EA sports title to be rated M for blood and language. Speculation that some trainers in legacy have potty mouths
- There's a screenshot of two fighters fighting with no gloves, just handwraps duking it out

So that's a breakdown of the info, but you should still check the magazine out! Great photos and well written article.
...and people said they were not going to read the wishlist we sent them last October.
http://www.operationsports.com/SHAKY...oducers-hands/

Last edited by SHAKYR; 11-06-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR

He's a quote from someone who has a EGM issue 242 magazine with a 4 page Fight Night Champion layout.

...and people said they were not going to read the wishlist we sent them last October.
http://www.operationsports.com/SHAKY...oducers-hands/
We finally got a ref in the ring and TOT...It only took EA 6 years to fulfill those wishes...Better late than never i guess... Anyways my question wasn't answered by your post...I want to know if stunning your opponent with a defensive maneuver is still in the game... I don't need any details just a simple yes or no...
Old 11-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #37
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

If the beans were spilled to EGM about a month or so ago, why are the community guys under gag order?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
If the beans were spilled to EGM about a month or so ago, why are the community guys under gag order?
We(the community day guys) are not sure either. Now I know for a fact it has to do with the EA Marketing department. I am sure they have a outline of how material is supposed to be "released".

What I can say, is I got a e-mail from EA and we will be allowed to go into gameplay and legacy mode pretty soon. So it should not be to much longer guys.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #39
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
We(the community day guys) are not sure either. Now I know for a fact it has to do with the EA Marketing department. I am sure they have a outline of how material is supposed to be "released".

What I can say, is I got a e-mail from EA and we will be allowed to go into gameplay and legacy mode pretty soon. So it should not be to much longer guys.
Awesome! I'd rather get you guys' opinions on the new features and changes than the mags'.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Fight Night Champion Blog #1 - Community Day

Quote:
Legacy upgrades like money which can be used to hire managers and other staff
- Also in Legacy, international gym travel for advanced training
DROOLS!

I also love hearing that there's more punches. I really hope that means there's different ratings for each punch.

I want to be able to scout my future opponents and know if I have to watch out for a particular shot.
Someone might reconsider circling to their right if they're facing Razor Ruddock and his daunted "Smash" punch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »