Home

Sports Games of the Decade: Football Game of the Decade

This is a discussion on Sports Games of the Decade: Football Game of the Decade within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 10
I played the **** of 2k5. Award well deserved
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #26
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Sports Games of the Decade: Football Game of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by southzeztpdot
It's funny how people claim 2k5 was the best football game ever when reviewers didnt even think that. IGN gave madden a 9.5 and 2k5 and 9.4. Gamepro gave both 2005 and 2k5 10/10. People only hype it up because there is no 2k series anymore.
But my mom gave 2K5 a 9.6.

I guess this gives and indication of what people think of game review sites.

Here's a hint: they think they blow.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #27
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by southzeztpdot
It's funny how people claim 2k5 was the best football game ever when reviewers didnt even think that. IGN gave madden a 9.5 and 2k5 and 9.4. Gamepro gave both 2005 and 2k5 10/10. People only hype it up because there is no 2k series anymore.
Who gives a **** what a couple reviewers think? Look at this thread alone, the sports gamers believe its the best.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Old 12-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 22
To me nfl2k5 is the nfl game WHO really captured the excitement of ā nfl big game broadcast and feel. Nfl was stupid to exclude 2k from the deal . To me this Exclusive deal is the perfect example how bad it is for fans of nfl and how crap it is for development of the digital representation of the sport. Madden is so stale and boring. And in essence hinders the excitement for th real games on tv here in europe. Shame on you nfl.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:49 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
But my mom gave 2K5 a 9.6.

I guess this gives and indication of what people think of game review sites.

Here's a hint: they think they blow.
Here is Another hint from someone WHO works in the industry: reviews are heavily affected by vip treatment "previews", pr merchandise gifts, promise of more exclusives if they are favorable etc. Bigger publishers especially. And Giving ā bad review can give u ā bad standing with the publisher. Its not openly spoken about, but Its what everyone knows . Madden is eas flagship, so guess what. Nfl2k5 was the best game that year, and counting the price, hands f-ing down best .
Old 12-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 32
My 2 top games in the last decade. 2k5 was a good game out the box but the mods made 2k5 one of the greatest games ever.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #31
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
Here is Another hint from someone WHO works in the industry: reviews are heavily affected by vip treatment "previews", pr merchandise gifts, promise of more exclusives if they are favorable etc. Bigger publishers especially. And Giving ā bad review can give u ā bad standing with the publisher. Its not openly spoken about, but Its what everyone knows . Madden is eas flagship, so guess what. Nfl2k5 was the best game that year, and counting the price, hands f-ing down best .
Maybe, but how does that explain the low reviews Madden has had since the jump to next gen. It's not like Madden got 10's and 2k5 got a 7. They are both very good game. I have both. I really enjoyed Madden 03 to 06. At that time Madden was an elite game. People forget that because of how terrible they have been lately. I accually prefer Madden 04 to 06's franchise mode over 2K5's. Game play is a toss up. Presentation goes to 2k5. The season stat's for 2k5 is terrible unless you change the sim quarter length to 5 or 6 min quarters. Love the owner mode on Madden 05 and 06. Prices for seats ext. The NCAA Football 03 to 06 are right up their too. Also NCAA 2011.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 04:31 AM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Maybe, but how does that explain the low reviews Madden has had since the jump to next gen. It's not like Madden got 10's and 2k5 got a 7. They are both very good game. I have both. I really enjoyed Madden 03 to 06. At that time Madden was an elite game. People forget that because of how terrible they have been lately. I accually prefer Madden 04 to 06's franchise mode over 2K5's. Game play is a toss up. Presentation goes to 2k5. The season stat's for 2k5 is terrible unless you change the sim quarter length to 5 or 6 min quarters. Love the owner mode on Madden 05 and 06. Prices for seats ext. The NCAA Football 03 to 06 are right up their too. Also NCAA 2011.
Since there is no comp. any longer it doensīt matter if Madden scores goes down. But if 2K was around EA would be furious. Also bad reviews now a pretty much a silent moan about the lack of progress in the Madden franschise.
Look at Madden 10 , awful running animations, bad presentation compared to 2k5 , STILL...
NFL are fools if the go exclusive again with EA. But maybe quick profits are more important than giving the fans a true chance to experience feeling of actually playing real NFL games.

Madden is stale. And thatīs what exclusives give the consumers. NBA understand that, and thatīs why NBA2k11 is the awesome game it is. Progress thru competetion.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »