Home

Madden: Editing Player Ratings in Franchise - Need Your Thoughts

This is a discussion on Madden: Editing Player Ratings in Franchise - Need Your Thoughts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden: Editing Player Ratings in Franchise - Need Your Thoughts

Why is this even a post?

Yes, give me the control to change whatever I want - you aren't my mother so stop protecting me from myself.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #170
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

i have read alot of posts never really gave my thoughts on anything on what madden should be but i will throw a few at you i have played every madden
my first game was atari 5200 football i am a diehard nut when it comes to football. progression in my opinion should be during the year not at the end like
you currently have it.

also the potential should not be indicative of the rating limit it should be how fast they can progress because you should be able to make anyone a superstar if played enough , so when drafting A rated potential players should progress alot faster than B , THEN C. and so on.

you also need team chemestry and weekly practice that effects players overall
i also think that teams with the worst record should have more points to scout players than the better teams so that they have a greater chance of improving . the game flow is a good idea but i also want to see teams with good records play great and teams with bad records play bad.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #171
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have wasted hours editing NCAAF and seeing players never import correctly. I am on the fence rather if I should even continue to buy the Madden games in the future. I am a person who doesn't spend an hour playing online. All I care about is my offline dynasties....I would love to be able to edit everything. It's my $66.55 or however much the game cost me, why can't I do what I want to do with it? Make all of these changes unavailable to online users, but open to offline use. What's it to you if I think Mike Williams is going to be a great receiver and I want him to be an A Pot rather than B or C...why is it such a secret to players potentials and overall ratings? If anyone else is like me, then you've already played a dynasty with all 32 teams, you follow football like it's no one business..you know who the top players to play with, or build a team around, etc....
but the point is, this is my fantasy...and I don't even get to enjoy playing Madden because of issues such as importing draft players. I love NBA2k11 and I play it more than I play Madden though football is my favorite of the sports...I like the freedom to control and override trades, and cpu to cpu trades. I just want options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #172
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
i have read alot of posts never really gave my thoughts on anything on what madden should be but i will throw a few at you i have played every madden
my first game was atari 5200 football i am a diehard nut when it comes to football. progression in my opinion should be during the year not at the end like
you currently have it.

also the potential should not be indicative of the rating limit it should be how fast they can progress because you should be able to make anyone a superstar if played enough , so when drafting A rated potential players should progress alot faster than B , THEN C. and so on.

you also need team chemestry and weekly practice that effects players overall
i also think that teams with the worst record should have more points to scout players than the better teams so that they have a greater chance of improving . the game flow is a good idea but i also want to see teams with good records play great and teams with bad records play bad.
I agree 100% with what is in bold. I hate how potential is tied to how good a player could become. It should only effect how fast the progress. The current system puts a limit on how many and who becomes a star.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #173
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

This probably should have been in Madden like 3 years ago. That really says it all.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 1

It doesn't matter. Many of us won't be buying Madden next year because of the consistent let downs that the past four years have brought.

Why doesn't EA just do what we all know the want to and turn Madden '12 into Madden Motion Arcade.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #175
MVP

OVR: 36

I'm willing to see M12 through, considering this is the most they have actively supported and entertained the idea of re-hauling franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #176
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
I'm willing to see M12 through, considering this is the most they have actively supported and entertained the idea of re-hauling franchise mode.
I agree, the support for the game this years seems to be moving in the right direction.
As far as editing goes, I think its long over due as long as we can edit potential as well. You could also bring back training camp or have a reward system were if a player wins MVP you can run him through a certain amount of drills in the off season to gain progression points. These rewards could be for a variety of things like player awards, pro bowl nominations, winning the Super Bowl and the cpu should get bonuses towards their players for attaining the same goals. I also think rookies should have the opportunity to progress during preseason games but it should be rookies only and the max number of progression points should be capped as well. That would add a little incentive to playing preseason games.

And please allow use to change teams during Franchise mode this year like in NCAA it adds so much more longevity to franchise.

Last edited by ABR173rd; 12-22-2010 at 08:31 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »