Home

MLB 11 The Show Goes Analog, Includes Balks and More Control (IGN)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Goes Analog, Includes Balks and More Control (IGN) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #177
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 11 The Show Goes Analog, Includes Balks and More Control (IGN)

2 things i haven't heard mentioned that i was hoping for are automated counts and a new strike zone. i know there aren't as many fans out there of the automated counts...but i know there's a few of you out there that would like to see the strike zone a little smaller.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #178
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettryantalley
2 things i haven't heard mentioned that i was hoping for are automated counts and a new strike zone. i know there aren't as many fans out there of the automated counts...but i know there's a few of you out there that would like to see the strike zone a little smaller.
Amen to the strike zone issue. The size is kind of a negligent issue here though, it's just that we need it to match up with the player's stance. In short, a 6'2" guy batting upright will have the same strike zone as a 6'2" guy batting crouched. That's where the adjustment needs to be made.

Then of course, find that "top" of the strike zone. Maybe no higher than the belly button, por favor.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #179
Pro

hah...blzer...we've agreed on this in the past...i was wondering how long it would be till you chimed in. i would LOVE to see this addressed. and to go along with it...even more variations as far as bad called balls and strikes.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #180
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

I'd love to see them add or should I say tweak the physics to have where slow dribblers can change direction...(ie.. rolling foul but hit the grass area and filter back fair.. etc... )never seen that yet.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-24-2010, 01:00 AM   #181
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'd love to see them add or should I say tweak the physics to have where slow dribblers can change direction...(ie.. rolling foul but hit the grass area and filter back fair.. etc... )never seen that yet.
Ooo speaking of which, there hasn't been any word on redone ball-on-ground physics. Last year they turned the knob a little too low and the ball was bouncing around everywhere. I wouldn't mind so much if that's how it bounced on dirt, but on grass it's a whole different animal. They did it so that balls could get past infielders and outfielders appropriately, but it practically messed up everything else.

Of course that would mean a major overhaul. They would also have to incorporate different ball spins and what they would mean, how the ball hits off padded walls versus brick, even turf has to be different from natural grass, etc. It wouldn't be fair for me or anyone to expect too much from them, but anything we get would be a path in the right direction!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #182
Pro

Polo Bandit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Well the colission was detected when a ball hit the pitcher, the only problem was they never got injured. It only ended in the neverending quote "And he stays in the game after that! What a gamer!" hahaha.
I wouldn't have a problem with this causing injury, but only if it is toned down. I seemed to have a pitcher get hit in the shoulder or leg by a line drive at least twice per game.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:05 AM   #183
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo Bandit
I wouldn't have a problem with this causing injury, but only if it is toned down. I seemed to have a pitcher get hit in the shoulder or leg by a line drive at least twice per game.
Yeah, I concur with this.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #184
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo Bandit
I just think more of the comebackers could be fielded cleanly. This could minimize the pitcher getting drilled too.

It's a rare thing for a pitcher to get his glove on a comebacker. I wonder if it's just me?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »