Home

Happy Holidays From OS, What Did You Get?

This is a discussion on Happy Holidays From OS, What Did You Get? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #97
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Happy Holidays From OS, What Did You Get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown

I was waiting for this one. We're well-off/comfortable and my mom just really enjoys Christmas shopping for me and my two sisters. This is the last year that we're doing the "big" Christmas and we'll be scaling back next year, so it was really nice.

I was pretty shocked to get all of the TV shows, though. I figured I'd get Dexter and Deadwood...definitely surprised with the complete Sopranos collection and then two seasons of Breaking Bad.
Beantown, my mom does the same thing for me and my two sisters. I'm 34 and they are 30 and 28...and married. It's a little ridiculous. She has scaled back over time but it's still too much. in my opinion. She gets mad at me every year because I won't give her a Christmas list until the 11th-hour. I don't want much of anything, really. Plus I don't want to encourage her at all.

Anyway, here's what I got:
- Miami Hurricanes hoodie
- Xavier long-sleeve t-shirt
- 2 pairs of jeans
- Pair of black pants
- COD: Black Ops
- 2 Equalizer EQ2 Register Boosters (when you move into a house with a room added on that has no ductwork, which you eventually put in yourself, you'll understand why these will help)
- A couple of books, some cash, and a few other things
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 12-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #98
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Like 4 remote control cars
3 Remote control helicopters
A $25 amercian express gift card
A nikkon coolpix touch screen camera
Candy
Microsoft Kinect
and the walmount for it
Old 12-25-2010, 11:57 PM   #99
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
My mother-in-law got me a toaster that puts the Jets logo on my toast! Oh and my wife got me a white authentic Jets jersey with my last name and fav number.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:21 AM   #100
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
My mother-in-law got me a toaster that puts the Jets logo on my toast! Oh and my wife got me a white authentic Jets jersey with my last name and fav number.
Holy **** that's amazing! I need a Colts one now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
Beantown, my mom does the same thing for me and my two sisters. I'm 34 and they are 30 and 28...and married. It's a little ridiculous. She has scaled back over time but it's still too much. in my opinion. She gets mad at me every year because I won't give her a Christmas list until the 11th-hour. I don't want much of anything, really. Plus I don't want to encourage her at all.
Not here. I used to get a ton of gifts. My parents spent WAY too much money on me as a child. I probably doubled or tripled what most kids got for Christmas. I guess that's what comes with being the only child(you're spoiled). I used to feel bad for my best friend as he wouldn't get that much for X-Mas(he has a sister too, but his parents actually make more money than mine) and he'd always tell me how lucky I am. But once I turned 18, it was like the difference between night and day. I only got a few gifts and most of them were things that I needed. This year they bought me a bunch clothes and that's it. No complaints though. Nowadays I can buy anything that I want so anything that they give me for my birthday or X-Mas is just money that I don't have to spend myself.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 12-26-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:25 AM   #101
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Not here. I used to get a ton of gifts. My parents spent WAY too much money on me as a child. I probably doubled or tripled what most kids got for Christmas. I guess that's what comes with being the only child(you're spoiled). I used to feel bad for my best friend as he wouldn't get that much for X-Mas(he has a sister too, but his parents actually make more money than mine) and he'd always tell me how lucky I am. But once I turned 18, it was like the difference between night and day. I only got a few gifts and most of them were things that I needed. This year they bought me a bunch clothes and that's it. No complaints though. Nowadays I can buy anything that I want so anything that they give me for my birthday or X-Mas is just money that I don't have to spend myself.
See that's the other thing about it too. If I want something, I just go buy it myself. More than one person over the years, especially when I moved out of my parents' house about 10 years ago, has told me how hard it is to buy gifts for me. My Christmas list anymore, when I actually make one up, will consist of a few things I need and maybe a couple of things I want. The few things I listed this year, I got. You're right, it is money I don't have to spend on myself, which is nice.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2010, 01:42 AM   #102
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Clearly.......I have been jipped by my bloodline my whole life on Christmas after reading this thread......

Grown arse married men still getting big hauls by their parents......wow

I think I shall sue my parents now for giving me something they have game me for the past 13 years.......A PHONE CALL, SMH

@Scott.......your dad gave you $1,000 and a $100 gift card ? WTH ? Why didn't he just give you $1,100 ? LOL

@Bean.......your spoiled

@Longhorn.........your spoiled

@most of the people posting in this thread, you spoiled

SMH

Parents - phone call
3 Sisters - NADA
Brother - Nothing
Friends - Nada
Cousins - Nothing

Mother in law - $20 cash
Brother in law - $20 walmart gift card
Wife - steel toe boots(Guess she plans on running over my feet with the car)

SMH.......Clearly I was robbed......
Old 12-26-2010, 02:07 AM   #103
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19
wall street money never sleeps dvd, the town limited edition blue ray dvd, a tom tom gps navigator, g.i joe cartoon season 2 dvd lol, xbl 1600 points card, a stocking full of candy including reeses pb trees which are awesome btw, diesel cologne, hat and scarf, 100 dollars, and a few more dvd's. this was a good year
Old 12-26-2010, 02:14 AM   #104
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Clearly.......I have been jipped by my bloodline my whole life on Christmas after reading this thread......

Grown arse married men still getting big hauls by their parents......wow

I think I shall sue my parents now for giving me something they have game me for the past 13 years.......A PHONE CALL, SMH

@Scott.......your dad gave you $1,000 and a $100 gift card ? WTH ? Why didn't he just give you $1,100 ? LOL

@Bean.......your spoiled

@Longhorn.........your spoiled

@most of the people posting in this thread, you spoiled

SMH

Parents - phone call
3 Sisters - NADA
Brother - Nothing
Friends - Nada
Cousins - Nothing

Mother in law - $20 cash
Brother in law - $20 walmart gift card
Wife - steel toe boots(Guess she plans on running over my feet with the car)

SMH.......Clearly I was robbed......
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »