Home

MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Preview - Major Overhaul in RttS Mode (GameInformer)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Preview - Major Overhaul in RttS Mode (GameInformer) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2011, 04:12 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 35
Re: MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Preview - Major Overhaul in RttS Mode (GameInformer)

Very psyched about the RTTS overhaul... I've never been a big fan of the goals system... especially because some of them are either silly - or get in the way of playing the game. One thing I also hope they fix/change - the baserunning system! I didn't play MLB 10 at all... but in 09 - A. it was too easy to get picked off or caught stealing (even after I got my guy to be a 99 speed), and B. trying to run after the ball was hit was very frustrating - half the time, i'd end up going back towards the base first. The controls for running shouldn't change based on a vantage point - advancing to the next base should always be one direction, and going back to the base should be the other direction - Always! It gets too confusing otherwise - and you end up going back to a base when you don't mean to.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Preview - Major Overhaul in RttS Mode (GameInformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
If you want to create a powerful player who is fast crank up the power and speed sliders.

The slider sets are just how your player starts out once your in the mode you can dump points into any category. You can't make a monster in the first year.
I thought power and speed were on one slider, where you can either move your player towards being faster or stronger, but it will be at the expense of the other? That's not the case? They aren't tied together?
Old 01-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #35
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Hope they add the ability to add your own face into the game using the PSEye. That would certainly make the mode much more enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #36
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
I thought power and speed were on one slider, where you can either move your player towards being faster or stronger, but it will be at the expense of the other? That's not the case? They aren't tied together?
I could be wrong, but I think the means the gameplay sliders.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:34 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 8

So this mean that for example if i create a pitcher i wont need to upgrade his batting abilities and it will just show pitching attributes or its something different?
Old 01-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapshoops32
Very psyched about the RTTS overhaul... I've never been a big fan of the goals system... especially because some of them are either silly - or get in the way of playing the game. One thing I also hope they fix/change - the baserunning system! I didn't play MLB 10 at all... but in 09 - A. it was too easy to get picked off or caught stealing (even after I got my guy to be a 99 speed), and B. trying to run after the ball was hit was very frustrating - half the time, i'd end up going back towards the base first. The controls for running shouldn't change based on a vantage point - advancing to the next base should always be one direction, and going back to the base should be the other direction - Always! It gets too confusing otherwise - and you end up going back to a base when you don't mean to.
I agree! I hate how easy it has been to be picked off in the past couple of games, as well as the suddenly changing directions just because the camera angle changed. We should be able to have the option to keep the baserunning controls static regardless of the camera angle.

Another thing I'd like them to do is get rid of the "Only show the signs once in your career and that's it." When you are traded to a new team, or are called up to a new level, there should be an out-of-game menu that shows you what the signs are. Too many times last year I would get penalized because they would flash the signs but I had simmed a few games earlier where they showed what the signs were. As a result, I failed those goals and it hurt my progress.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #39
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
Hope they add the ability to add your own face into the game using the PSEye. That would certainly make the mode much more enjoyable.
I think this is a great idea, I would definitely second this.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #40
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk

The sliders for position players are speed vs. strength, power vs. contact, and glove vs. arm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »