Home

OS Exclusive Fight Night Champion Producer Video: Stamina, Endurance and Corner Game

This is a discussion on OS Exclusive Fight Night Champion Producer Video: Stamina, Endurance and Corner Game within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #33
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: OS Exclusive Fight Night Champion Producer Video: Stamina, Endurance and Corner G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
The clinch game is the same as last year

I hope they tune footwork but I am unsure until I get my hands on it in couple months

Stamina is tied to a rating like any other EA game. If your opponent or created fighter has a low stamina rating then his stamina will be bad. If he has high stamina rating then his stamina will be good. Not much different in this area, just the gameplay effect of it has been fixed a great deal.
Hey Phobia. Any word on what Sliders are going to be include in FNC??????
This game is a footwork slider away from being fantastic.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: OS Exclusive Fight Night Champion Producer Video: Stamina, Endurance and Corner G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Ahhh look someone was paying attention lol.

Yea Jay, visualizer is right. The Torso stamina is two fold. You have one side of the stamina which is tied to running around, swinging punches use stamina, and taking body shots.

Then you have the torso hidden stamina bar. Which what this does is similar to the arms that Brizzo was talking about. Just the same as if you throw only one punch over and over that arm would get tire an slow down. If you spam sways and leans........aka the body rotate spam. Then your fighters lean slows and becomes more upright.
Thanks for the clarification Phobia.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #35
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Vast, What would a footwork slider do? or at least what you would envision? I think the footwork is an animation issue and not a logic issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Sure don't Vast. I started to write them down when I was there and don't think I ever completed writing them all down because I wanted to "play the game" lol.

I will check my tablet once I get home from work to see if I did write them down and don't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Thanks for the clarification Phobia.
Not a prob Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
My biggest concern is if this actually works well and people can't throw punches without consequence; will the developers cave in if there is to much complaining about the stamina depletion.

Another issue this can bring up is, will online guys only pick boxers with the highest endurance/conditioning rating????
I don't think they will cave, but I also would not be surprise to see them having to make adjustments via a patch

Also I don't think people can just take endurance/conditioning guys. Because most of those guys would be lacking in other key areas such as punch accuracy, punch speed, or more important punch power.

So while they might have the endurance, if they don't have that one punch KO power (which is a ability) then they have to force the fight into the deeper rounds. Because if they get caught with a big shot early in the fight it can be lights out.

I also want to touch on the abilities you earn while upgrading your fighters. While many of you guys might not agree with having a "one punch KO power ability" that you must earn to have that option. It is realistic to a degree, but what it does more than being realistic is it makes the strategy side of building and fighting other fighters much better.

This is a good move in my eyes and will make each fight online feel different depending on how they built their fighter. One guy might of put all his points and training towards that big KO power but might be seriously lacking in punch speed and endurance.

Another person you face might make a balance fighter who is good in all areas but excels in none or you could face that fighter who is looking to "out point you" all fight. Built with speed in mind and punch accuracy but is lacking in the power department.

Any fighter can get a KNOCKDOWN off a one punch. But very few fighters have that one punch KNOCKOUT power. So I like the ability system.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #37
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i don't have a problem with one punch KO as an ability because in real life there are many boxers that don't or can't do it. So they have to rely on combo punches even those who do have it still rely more on combo punches .
Old 01-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Phobia, when you create a fighter, are you given a chance to choose one special skill (eg. 1-punch KO)?

Some fighters are born with a natural talent so it'd be cool if you could start with one yourself.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #39

OVR: 34

The one punch KO is a much needed feature. I'm ok with how it is implemented. I'd like to see better knock down animations though. Maybe a guy goes to his knee and gets back up. I've said it in previous threads but the way boxers got knocked down in FN4 looked like career ending knock downs and they managed to get up at the count of 3...LOL

Not to keep bringing up EA MMA, but they did ok with it. When a guy gets knocked out, you know it. And he doesn't get up. Look at this clip of one of my recent fights...

Old 01-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
i don't have a problem with one punch KO as an ability because in real life there are many boxers that don't or can't do it. So they have to rely on combo punches even those who do have it still rely more on combo punches .
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Phobia, when you create a fighter, are you given a chance to choose one special skill (eg. 1-punch KO)?

Some fighters are born with a natural talent so it'd be cool if you could start with one yourself.
No you start out with a set amount of points and then apply those to your fighters ratings in any way you choose to do so.

Remember there are different abilities, starting from very low on the rating chart to all the way to the top.

For instance, one of the early rating abilities is the ability to "stun" a fighter with a jab.

How you invest your points is entirely up to your design, but there are abilities ranging the entire skill tree so everyone will have a mixture of similar abilities. It is the top tier abilities that will separate each fighter depending on how their fighter was built.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »