Home

Fight Night Champion Blog: Managing Your Stamina

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Blog: Managing Your Stamina within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Fight Night Champion Blog: Managing Your Stamina

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

EA posted another Fight Night Champion blog, with more details on managing your stamina.

Quote:
"In Quick Clip #3 below, I put together two clips with the first 35 seconds showing me spamming Marvin Hagler’s jab over and over along with other punches pretty much in a non-stop manner without much defense. Again, this is WHAT NOT TO DO! This will temporarily tire out the stamina in your arms (left, right, or both) pretty quickly and will also have an effect on the max stamina or endurance that you will be able to recover over time. As you can see in the second half of the QC #3, Marvin ain’t looking so Marvelous and is pretty gassed by the 5th round, while Winky Wright is still fairly fresh and has no trouble putting my tired butt onto the canvas.

In the rematch highlighted in Quick Clip #4 below, I do a little better managing Hagler’s punches using my block, throwing combos, and weaving to avoid punches. You’ll also notice at the end of the 2nd round that my stamina recovers 10% as I managed my work around the ring better than Wright who punched quite a bit during the round and gained only a couple of stamina percentage points back. In the 10th, my stamina management is rewarded with a Marvelous knockdown that Winky is unable to pop open his eyes from."

Source - Managing Your Stamina in Fight Night Champion
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Fight Night Champion Blog: Managing Your Stamina

Why in the 3rd video on that page when Winky gets hurt bad they're still talking like nothing happened? Shouldn't the commentary cut to announcers with excited voices saying something like "HE'S HURT, HE'S HURT. HAGLER CAUGHT HIM AND WINKY LOOKS LIKE HE'S IN TROUBLE!!!!"
Old 01-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
Why in the 3rd video on that page when Winky gets hurt bad they're still talking like nothing happened? Shouldn't the commentary cut to announcers with excited voices saying something like "HE'S HURT, HE'S HURT. HAGLER CAUGHT HIM AND WINKY LOOKS LIKE HE'S IN TROUBLE!!!!"
The commentary in this game is still terrible.

It looks like the perfect stamina Phobia was talking about is gone.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast

I'm kinda willing to wait and see some more footage with in-game fighting to judge the stamina. I see what you're saying but I also see Hagler's rights slowing a bit after him throwing so many in a row with no purpose. I wonder if you lightly tap buttons or stick can you get probing jabs rather than full purpose ones. Sometimes you just want to jab for range. I remember one fight I had with a friend online I gave two slow jabs, just trying to judge range and came over quick with the right and stunned him. Was a beautiful thing to see. Hopefully we get saved replays online.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:15 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
What do you mean perfect stamina is gone? Looks great to me, cant wait. FightNight just might not be the game for you man, just dont think about it anymore and pass on the purchase. I already suggested maybe hajime no ippo is the game you're looking for.

Last edited by TheCreep; 01-14-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 03:44 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 33
EA have been gradually improving the balance on the effects of stamina on a fighter in the Fight Night series. I like the way this looks for the new game.
Shame about the commentary. The commentary is still nowhere near as impressive as it was way back on the Knockout Kings series.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32
My biggest issue was stamina. The clips are looking good.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #8

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast

The commentary is so separated from the action that they are doing the actual commentary team an injustice. You get two respected guys like Joe and Teddy and they almost act like they are sitting down talking about boxing while the fight is on in the other room.

As far as the stamina goes, did you see the second video with Hagler getting spent? Here it is...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »