Home

NBA 2K11 Patch Further Delayed (PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Patch Further Delayed (PC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #9
Rookie

manustyle90's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K11 Patch Further Delayed (PC)

thank god we have modding. 2k should take a look at a modded version of nba2k11 and then think about how much the pc community does for this game...and how much they are fooling all of us pc gamers.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #10
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucusfriend
I can accept the total lack of support or online modes because the pc version is much cheaper than the consoles' one.
I cannot accept their behavior (excuses for delaying the patch, vague timeline etc). 2k is trying to kill pc gaming, see what they do with Bioshock 2. Well, we have modding communities whereas your beloved consoles have... whatever.
Some OS administrator will probably delete this thread, they cannot accept >1 pc related per year.
Having played both the PC and 360 versions, the mods are nice. However, the mods can't fix fundamental gameplay issues. No boxing out on rebounds...consoles had that fixed in October.

Out of the box, everyone knows 2K basketball games are broken...but there's no drama as a patch always comes within a month or so. That's what always happens for the consoles.

The big problem for the PC is that it's now five months later...five months with a game that they admitted had big flaws by virtue of patching it immediately for the consoles.

As I said before, mods provide some nice eye candy...but they can't fix gameplay issues. That's why we need 2K to patch things.

For me, I just won't ever be buying the PC version again. I feel like my 360 version has been worth every cent I paid...but I do feel a bit cheated with the PC version. The holiday season is over and the patch will arrive (if they even release it) way too late for me to get into a season on the PC.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 18

Damn i really feel bad for yall PC users man. That why i will never purchase the PC version even though it the better version because u can mod the hell out of it. But to go through this nonsense its not worth it man. They have been doing this since 2k hit the pc. 2kPC=
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

They need to cut some of the digital distributors. When you release a game over that wide a swath of distributors, who each need their own specific patch for their own specific .exe, it's simply too inefficient to count on each and every one of them ensuring a speedy and snag-free release. Look at a game like New Vegas. It was only released via Steam and retail (which required Steam authentication), and it was able to get quick patches out the week of release. I'm not saying 2K should take that exact approach, but they definitely should cut out the smaller DDs that very few people buy from.

And to people who say it's not worth it, I disagree. For half the price, I'm more than willing to put up with this crap. I'll just sit here enjoying my mods while you all toss out your game in July.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:03 AM   #13
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

IMO, it's time for publishers to embrace a "steam or noone" online distribution model. Lets face it - it's the best there is and should be the standard.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #14
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
IMO, it's time for publishers to embrace a "steam or noone" online distribution model. Lets face it - it's the best there is and should be the standard.
i agree 100%!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »