Home

Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog: Tuner Sets and Surprise Onside Kicks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog: Tuner Sets and Surprise Onside Kicks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #145
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog: Tuner Sets and Surprise Onside Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_two_3_forte
How about Throwback Playbooks(99Rams/90's Cowboys/90's Oilers/80's Chargers/Holmgren West Coast/Gibbs Skins/ How about watching film of the the throwback teams and giving us their playbooks as well as current books)
Mmm, this has me salivating. I'm starting to feel we need one HUGE universal playbook and let us build our system from there, because some playbooks aren't touched year-to-year. But I'd love to fire up an old team and see the Gibbs counter trey or the Cowboys sprint draw. Even though both playbooks came from same Coryell tree -- it would be so cool to see a playbook based off of a number system then a West Coast one that was all terminology.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #146
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog: Tuner Sets and Surprise Onside Kicks

The most disappointing thing in that whole blog video is how the players react after a play LIKE THEYY HAVE FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS! No life, just get up and walk around the field. No congratulating other players, no helping up teamates, no running to the side line with the ball. It feels the same as every other Madden, and these guys just refuse to grasp the idea.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #147
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The most disappointing thing in that whole blog video is how the players react after a play LIKE THEYY HAVE FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS! No life, just get up and walk around the field. No congratulating other players, no helping up teamates, no running to the side line with the ball. It feels the same as every other Madden, and these guys just refuse to grasp the idea.

Be prepared for the "It's a Beta video. Relax" comments.....
Old 02-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #148
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Be prepared for the "It's a Beta video. Relax" comments.....
.....Beta? In February?

(For the record, I don't think that will change much either in the final - I'd be surprised if it did. So don't count me as validating your point. )

Really glad to hear Tuner Sets are in. "Meh" on Surprise Onsides, even though they are a part of the game.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 4

Good to have the surprise kick options even though it may be abused in online lobby play...

Hopefully the tuner thing will help with fixing some of the issues with games after releases..

I think madden 12 can be a good game if they just focus on getting rid of the gimmicks and adding more gimmicks to replace old gimmicks...Focus on the core of the game which is gameplay/mechanics/realism...

Nobody asked for gameplan, nobody asked for strat pad, and nobody asked for all the unnecessary "new features" in each new installment of the game....Bring back some of the gaemplay features left out from the ps2 days and improve the gameplay...

I just hope EA doesnt come to a point where they focus on ONE aspect of the game and leave other parts of the game untouched because of "lack of time" i.e online franchise this year.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #150
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

As someone who dearly misses his Madden I am hoping for the best. Tuner sets are sweet and couldn't be happier.
One thing I really wish is we get some options on how we play the game. I'm a big fan of cursor type passing (Fever with some tweaks would have been great) and just wish we had that option. The Show added analog mechanics but kept button also. Hopefully we get there with Madden some day.
Option to meet all gamers = Win Win...

Can't wait to see more info in the coming months!

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 02-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #151
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Kool early info. It'll be interesting to see what else Tiburon has for us in the coming months.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 2

Looks like the same exact game. Not good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »