Home

MLB 2K11 Interview: New Pitch Introduced - Split-Finger Changeup

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Interview: New Pitch Introduced - Split-Finger Changeup within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 2K11 Interview: New Pitch Introduced - Split-Finger Changeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Yeah, stamina and pitch count have always been linked anyway. In fact, in 2K10, I think pitch count was really the ONLY thing that affected your pitcher's stamina.

So it sounds to me like this is just a visual change, and probably nothing more. I'm glad to hear that the pitch count is always going to be accessible, because there were times when I wanted to see it last year, but it only displayed when a new batter stepped into the box.
I skipped the game last year. But hasn't it been purported in video games for a while that the way you use the pitching meter affects stamina?
Meaning, if you don't rev the pitching meter all the way back, you are expending less effort (and have a less velocity pitch).

I only challenge your statement, because I seem to recollect (now that I think about it) games where if you throw max out on every pitch the pitcher tires earlier than if you are more judicious with the meter. You mentioned last year's game, was this not in? (or was it never in and I was just fooled?)
Old 02-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundergatti
I skipped the game last year. But hasn't it been purported in video games for a while that the way you use the pitching meter affects stamina?
Meaning, if you don't rev the pitching meter all the way back, you are expending less effort (and have a less velocity pitch).

I only challenge your statement, because I seem to recollect (now that I think about it) games where if you throw max out on every pitch the pitcher tires earlier than if you are more judicious with the meter. You mentioned last year's game, was this not in? (or was it never in and I was just fooled?)
It was in last years game, it was poorly implemented though
Old 02-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #19
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundergatti

That's a good point. As Joe said, it probably was in last year's game, but not properly.

To be honest with you, I spent most of my time batting/fielding in My Player mode as a position player because I wasn't a fan of the super accurate pitching. I did like the AI pitching though, and as far as energy goes, it seemed the AI's starting pitcher's energy would go down by 1 point for every pitch. So after about 100 pitches their stamina was drained, which seemed pretty accurate since most major league starters can throw around 100 pitches on a good day. Then relievers and closers would have their stamina drained much faster. It worked pretty well after the patches.

As for the AI pitching and ball/strike ratios, I thought it was great in 2K10. It was not hard at all to work a walk with default slider settings if you show some patience. The AI pitchers threw pretty intelligently depending on the count (For instance, they tend to throw you junk out of the zone if they were ahead of you in the count). 2K really got that aspect of the game right last year, so I'm expecting to see similar results this year.

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-08-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 8
I love these subtle improvements. At first I didnt think 2k would be putting that much effort into mlb this year but Im starting to get more and more hyped for this game.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #21
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Only saw this pitch in action last year in the ALDS I believe, looks dirty
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »