Home

RUMOR: Activision Eyeing Takeover Bid of Take Two

This is a discussion on RUMOR: Activision Eyeing Takeover Bid of Take Two within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 16
Umm. 2K SPORTS SUCKS. They wasted their baseball license and NBA2k has gotten worse every year since 2k8. Online is just terrible for NBA2k11. I was hoping EA would take over 2k so at least I know the online part of the game would work. Which has had multiple problems since 2k8.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #18
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
Umm. 2K SPORTS SUCKS. They wasted their baseball license and NBA2k has gotten worse every year since 2k8. Online is just terrible for NBA2k11. I was hoping EA would take over 2k so at least I know the online part of the game would work. Which has had multiple problems since 2k8.
so you wanted EA to take over 2k just so online would work nevermind the fact you'd be stuck with a crappy game instead of the best basketball game around? Just as long as the online worked.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 12
Icon14 Re: RUMOR: Activision Eyeing Takeover Bid of Take Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
I hope you know what harm this post did to your credibility Black.. I hope you read the previous posts carefully (which I doubt). 2k games is the ONLY CREDITABLE sports developers left to challenge EA.. If they fall by the wayside then who would you have left??

Is ONLINE is the only criteria you judge a game company by?? A good game?? Seriously??

ben
voodoo
Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #20
Banned

Re: RUMOR: Activision Eyeing Takeover Bid of Take Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
so you wanted EA to take over 2k just so online would work nevermind the fact you'd be stuck with a crappy game instead of the best basketball game around? Just as long as the online worked.
His thinking??.. umm yes thats it.

ben
voodoo
Old 02-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinSainn
If this happens I see it going one of two ways. 1) Activision kills off 2K Sports or 2) With the release of Nascar, Activision maybe wants to open their door to a sports branch. Could be that they know how much an NFL game can bring in and that they know 2K could do it better than Madden if only 2K had the funding for the liscense. I really could care less what they do with all the FPS games as I have 0 interest in them. I would just really hate to see 2K Sports die. I guess we'll always have MLB The Show if nothing else in the sports genre, I don't see them going anywhere.
You have a good point Justin, there really only two things that can happen with this and the two things you said makes the most sense. Maybe Activision sees it as the right time to invest in the sports genre, hence NASCAR. If you are gonna have a sports division under your umbrella, why not 2k sports. Activision is the only company outside of Microsoft and Sony that can match EA "check for check", but we'll see.. like the old saying goes, Stay Tuned...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Based on the fact the the guy that runs Activision despises EA this would basically signal a football game from 2k...with no concern for the nfl with a huge editor ................or thats what my dreams tell me
Old 02-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
If Activision does acquire Take Two Interactive, hopefully that means Activision will back 2Ksports so they can make a football game FULL of the things we've asked for.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #24
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
...since Activision has the resources to develop sports games and chooses not to for the most part. Would they continue a relatively popular brand and/or expand it given their already skeptical view of sports games? That's a good question, but the already thin 2K Sports lineup could become a lot thinner in the event of a takeover by Activision...
What sports game could Activision make that would bring in money? Football? Nope, EA has that market. Baseball? Nope, 2K has that. Basketball? I guess they could make an NBA game, but since when has Activision done that? They'd be fighting an uphill battle. Soccer? Same thing as basketball. Hockey? You get the picture: the sports game market is intimately tied into licensing and the popularity of the sport. There's just really not much they can do.

An acquisition of TTWO would change things for them. They would be fools to mess with NBA 2K. MLB? Who knows... Maybe they'd make changes for the better, or maybe they simply let the licensing agreement expire and let another company *cough EA* have a go at it. Considering Activision's recent philosophy of scrapping titles not pulling their own weight, that just might be a possibility.

Landscapes are always changing. I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »