Home

EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013

This is a discussion on EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #441
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieV
Didn't say it was 1 out of 100 who are happy with Madden -- but rather, 1 out of 100 who are happy with it being the only game in town.
Yeah, sorry, I wrote it that way, but I still don't feel that is the case with 5 or 6 other million people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #442
Banned

OVR: 10

Do u honestly believe that if Sony or 2k was making a NFL game at this point that madden would have 5 or 6 million people buying it, come on think about it. Probably 35% of the base would be buying 2k or Sony, people would buy madden just for choice, not for necessity of a NFL fix. Madden is the only choice and people are against a rock and a hard place with the license deal. Either u buy Madden or play nothing nothing at all, EA knows this and that's why they are so slow with innovation.

Do u honestly believe that franchise mode would be untouched if another developer was coming out with a game or the terrible OL/DL interactions and animations. Ian and EA can slack on anything they want and say we could get too it at this time and u have too wait till next year, what we going too do get another choice in the matter? EA sports knows this and they using it for there advantage not ours.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #443
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Exactly. I agree with your point above. My point: It's still profitable. It's still an alright game, even after I was really enamored after patch 5, the Show will take it RIGHT out of my system, and maybe MLB2k11.

bottom line is it doesn't matter. EA will be making NFL football for years to come. What's 5 million times 60? 300 million dollars. I doubt anyone on the dev team makes more than 500k. The license is what? 76 mill? That's still mill of profit. If publishing costs , dev costs and shipping costs, etc. total $100 million dollars, there's still $123 million of profit.
Oh it matters. When you consider the fact that EA was selling more units without the exclusive license, what's the point of paying expensive fee ?

Their approach hasn't increased their sales; wasn't that point of the exclusive license ? Is EA that scared of competition ?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #444
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Oh it matters. When you consider the fact that EA was selling more units without the exclusive license, what's the point of paying expensive fee ?

Their approach hasn't increased their sales; wasn't that point of the exclusive license ?
Exactly.

Ten characters.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #445
Banned

OVR: 7

"Do u honestly believe that if Sony or 2k was making a NFL game at this point that madden would have 5 or 6 million people buying it, come on think about it."

Why would that be so hard to believe. They sold that many copies of Madden 2005, and they had competition. They sold 4 million copies of Madden 08 with another football game on the market(that just so happened to be made by 2k sports)

It wouldn't matter if there was another NFL game on the market, people would still buy Madden in large numbers. That's just how it is man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #446
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic

Their approach hasn't increased their sales; wasn't that point of the exclusive license ? Is EA that scared of competition ?
NOPE. The NFL has made it an exclusive license. Not EA. If EA wants to sell an NFL game, they have to pay for an exclusive license. If they don't want to sell an NFL game, then they won't have the license someone else will.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #447
Banned

OVR: 10

I don't believe that one bit. The masses was divided back in O4 and 05. One was presentation and the other was gameplay. If 2k was too continue, the gap would be even larger, because one group would prefer one style over the other.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #448
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
I don't believe that one bit. The masses was divided back in O4 and 05. One was presentation and the other was gameplay. If 2k was too continue, the gap would be even larger, because one group would prefer one style over the other.
If the masses were divided back then, why the huge price cut from one of the games?

Too many ifs, would ofs, could ofs, etc........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »