Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Blog - Career Mode: Road to the Masters

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Blog - Career Mode: Road to the Masters within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Blog - Career Mode: Road to the Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Wow, looks great. Getting closer to pre ordering this. Just one lingering question, will playoffs finally be in if the round ends in a tie? Other than that, everything looks fantastic. EA FINALLY listened to the concerns of the consumers.
No it was confirmed in ther EA board that if you tie then you are the winner which is unbelievably lazy on EA's part not to fix.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:19 AM   #10
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Blog - Career Mode: Road to the Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
No it was confirmed in ther EA board that if you tie then you are the winner which is unbelievably lazy on EA's part not to fix.
You have got to be f-ing kidding me. What in the world is wrong with these people at EA. I would love for them to even try and leave out overtime in Madden and just give you then win, imagine the outrage. This is essentially what they are doing to golf, leaving out our OT. I have been extremely excited for this years game, skipped last years because of the DLC not available in career mode and this issue. This bit of info has almost killed all that excitement for me.

Does EA not get the thrill or excitement that comes from the playoff holes or the extra round at a US Open. It's a huge part of the sport, when are they going to get this through their thick heads. I don't think they even watch golf because anyone who watches golf wouldn't even think about not including playoffs in the game. This is getting old that they refuse to add this. Unbelievable.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
You have got to be f-ing kidding me. What in the world is wrong with these people at EA. I would love for them to even try and leave out overtime in Madden and just give you then win, imagine the outrage. This is essentially what they are doing to golf, leaving out our OT. I have been extremely excited for this years game, skipped last years because of the DLC not available in career mode and this issue. This bit of info has almost killed all that excitement for me.

Does EA not get the thrill or excitement that comes from the playoff holes or the extra round at a US Open. It's a huge part of the sport, when are they going to get this through their thick heads. I don't think they even watch golf because anyone who watches golf wouldn't even think about not including playoffs in the game. This is getting old that they refuse to add this. Unbelievable.
One thing that only seems to only affect the TW series is that devs sometimes takes years to institute the most basic options. ie: meterless putting, DLC in career mode, realistic AI scoring etc...and when they finally put it in they then tout it as some great new feature when it should have been included long ago and is nothing that should be bragged about because it was finally implemented.

And it doesn't have to be fancy either. Simply going to extra holes and simply having a caption update at the top saying what the other golfer did at the hole (even at the teebox) would be good enough for me for now.

I wouldn't hold my breath about this being fixed for next year either. But when it finally is put in you will definately hear about it beforehand as it's advertized as a great new feature of TW 14 or 15.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 02-18-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #12
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

You know what also pisses me off about this issue. Over on the EA forums there are many complaining about no playoffs as well and not one dev deems it worthy of a response or a simple cop out explanation. I know whatever a dev would say would not be satisfying but there silence speaks volumes; they don't care one bit about it.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
You know what also pisses me off about this issue. Over on the EA forums there are many complaining about no playoffs as well and not one dev deems it worthy of a response or a simple cop out explanation. I know whatever a dev would say would not be satisfying but there silence speaks volumes; they don't care one bit about it.
Yeah the devs are notorious over at the EA board about thier head in the sand routine but I guess it's a no win situation for them because they really have no defense.

It really is a very patchable issue as well because just having a notification at the top is already encoded in the game from the updates they have now in tourney mode but I can guarantee it won't happen because they never have issued patches before except to fix bugs. Fixing the rubberband AI from years past was very fixable with a patch but nothing was ever done. People have complained for years about putting in visible out of bound markers but it's not in this year either because the devs don't feel it's important enough even though it is so easy to put in and could be patched in this year as well.

It's just bad business prectice as gamers have complained about the lack of extra playoff holes for years and the devs know it. You would figure that last years sales downturn for the game would make them more aware of gamer's concerns and to act on it accordingly.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 02-19-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Yeah the devs are notorious over at the EA board about thier head in the sand routine but I guess it's a no win situation for them because they really have no defense.

It really is a very patchable issue as well because just having a notification at the top is already encoded in the game from the updates they have now in tourney mode but I can guarantee it won't happen because they never have issued patches before except to fix bugs. Fixing the rubberband AI from years past was very fixable with a patch but nothing was ever done. People have complained for years about putting in visible out of bound markers but it's not in this year either because the devs don't feel it's important enough even though it is so easy to put in and could be patched in this year as well.

It's just bad business prectice as gamers have complained about the lack of extra playoff holes for years and the devs know it. You would figure that last years sales downturn for the game would make them more aware of gamer's concerns and to act on it accordingly.
Excellent post!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #15
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

Looks good but no playoffs is just stupid really.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »