Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees Gameplay (Cam)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees Gameplay (Cam) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #105
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees Gameplay (Cam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
How? Look at the video and go play '10... nothing groundbreaking.
Lol, if you say so

As far as commentary, I actually enjoy The Shows. Yes, it's definitely done better in other games, but it's nowhere near "God awful". It had a nice relaxed baseball fell to it IMO, they just need to add a little more back and forth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
wow, I am so incredibly in the minority I am afraid to even post and get ripped. Let me say first of all that I think MLB 10 is AMAZING. Still playing it, loving it, it has its issues but its the most realistic baseball game i've ever played.

With that said, AND knowing I am only seeing short clips of 11, I am trying hard to see all the incredible changes you guys are seeing. I totally see the changes to the shoulders and it does help the models look much better. I can see the shift in lighting, and once I see the dynamic cloud cover and weather in action I am SURE I will be completely sold. But when I look at the videos I see the same broadcast presentation, the same cuts, the same animations (mostly) the same commentary (and I agree that now Karros just sounds "added in"), and in general, even with the screenshots (sans sunset clouds) I'm not totally sure I could tell you which was 10 and which was 11 if I was really honest with myself and not closely examining it.

Its still amazing, I just have to admit that so far it looks like a good update to what was already a great game....and thats probably saying it all. How much more could they really do to something that was already so great?

I am happy to read Knight and Nemesis and the boys chime in since they were there and saw it first hand, so I am encouraged form what they say. And personally I have to admit that what I am dying for is brand new commentary that is dynamic and jointed and a much different much more realistic broadcast presentation since both of these things are what carry over for the most part from year to year and make it "feel" like the same game...with upgrade. So when I dont see this I probably feel less excited then most of you.

In closing, I'm finding myself less excited this year and nothing is really blowing me away from what I have seen. Yes, I am probably a jaded modern day consumer who has it all and is uneasily impressed anymore...and probably come March 8th and the first time I dont hear Rex and see the sun set at Fenway and see all the little things that I cant see from the clips, I will eat so much crow.
i agree with you bodhi.

love the lighting, player models and such, but Russie in the interview in the other thread said he;d be there hours if he talked about all the presentation improvements.
I know these are short clips.
But the Brewer/Met one looked the same as 10 in terms of camera cuts [they have been the same for years now], commentary [badly stiched] and basically the same overlay 'skeleton' [too busy].
As a graphic designer, I feel the overlays in the game are wayyyyyy too busy.
Way too busy.
Like they are trying too much to make them look good by having all sorts of angles and what not.
Though its been that way for years with SCEA.
Less is more.

Dont even get me started on the commentary.

Is it time to reboot that or what?
Wonder why Soup is still there?

As far as the graphics in the clip, my oh my, can it get ANY better!?
The color and clarity is off the hook.
I cant wait to see Yankee stadium at 6 pm with rain on the way!!

Last year you could lightly squint and it would look EXACTLY like real life.
This year, you might not have too!

Unreal.
This is the power of The Show being built in house.

The T-Rex look is long gone and i am so happy for that, makes the players look much better, though I still think the thighs on guys are still too muscular.

HOpefully we get some more vids before the demo drops showing off the presentation elements Ramone spoke of.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #107
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

my only gripe I still have (or likely to have with '11) is the crowd AI..they're just not very smart in key situations...with Hughes up on Crawford 0-2 that crowd would be loud/boisterous looking for the K......didn't play out that way.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #108
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
That's too much commentary, it's great but they are talking too much and aren't calling the action. I don't want the Show to take it that far. If the announcers are too busy having a conversation to actually do play by play there is a problem, no?

I agree AND disagree.

While baseball is better with less commentary since its a nice and easy going game, there are commentators that talk over plays and talk a lot.
Red sox crew for example, they do it.

its an easy solution. when u have something to say, make it interesting, if it overlaps the play so what. as long as they dont ignore anything big.

Plus, if u grew up listening to the Scooter on WPIX then you will understand/
Old 02-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #109
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Just showed this video to my GF and her jaw was dropped. Hurry up March 8th!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #110
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
my only gripe I still have (or likely to have with '11) is the crowd AI..they're just not very smart in key situations...with Hughes up on Crawford 0-2 that crowd would be loud/boisterous looking for the K......didn't play out that way.

exactly!
  • MLB The Show 24 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 02-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #111
Pro

OVR: 5

Wow. The reflections in the helmets during the batter walk ups are unbelievable. The lighting is much improved from '10. The grass looks so much better, and the depth of the field has definitely been expanded; now the outfielders actually look like they're in a large field, as opposed to in past years where the fields seemed just ever so small. Thanks SCEA for once again perfecting the only video game I play!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #112
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
We had someone who dealt with atmosphere/sound in the room with us and went through a whole game taking notes on how the crowd should react in certain situations. So I do not know if we will see any of it in 11 or its a project for 12 but they should have quite a few notes on this, I mean a lot of notes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »