Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs (Gameplay)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs (Gameplay) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2011, 05:06 AM   #177
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs (Gameplay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Yes, to all of the above. Like I said, it does look good on my TV, but it doesn't seem to have that crisp and smooth look to it.

Or maybe it's just me. Hahaha. I wish I could play with game mode off, but my TV has too much lag.
I actually had the same problem. When I played on "Vivid" on my TV, there was lag, and on "game" mode there wasn't. What I did was make a custom setting that copied everything from the vivid settings, but there was one thing that different. I can't remember what it was called, but on vivid is was set to on, and on my custom setting I set it to off. So I had the "Vivid" lighting and settings other than that one option I can't remember. Game looks great.

Hope that helps anyone who has had lag which can ruin the game because it's all timing.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:39 AM   #178
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

The amount of negativity and trashing comments based on one awfully spliced together and rushed gameplay clip astounds me.

Yes, the commentary...we know, we all know, SCEA will sort that eventually, but for those who say it looks like 10, well i must be Stevie Wonder then because i can see, even in such a poor quality vid, the massive improvements to the lighting, player models and textures.

This was a poor style of video to let out to promote the game, i can agree wit that, but look deeper and its content only holds a peek, the tiniest peek, at the treasures this game really holds, and on March 8, all will be revealed.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #179
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
The amount of negativity and trashing comments based on one awfully spliced together and rushed gameplay clip astounds me.

Yes, the commentary...we know, we all know, SCEA will sort that eventually, but for those who say it looks like 10, well i must be Stevie Wonder then because i can see, even in such a poor quality vid, the massive improvements to the lighting, player models and textures.

This was a poor style of video to let out to promote the game, i can agree wit that, but look deeper and its content only holds a peek, the tiniest peek, at the treasures this game really holds, and on March 8, all will be revealed.
Don't worry, the negativity typically comes from a more outspoken crowd, therefor it seems much more prevalent than it actually is. What I find hilarious are the "this looks like 10!" comments. Lol. Well.... it is the 2011 version of MLB 2010 so, um yah, no **** it looks like 10. Unless this was coming off an NBA Elite type year, I'd be pissed if it DIDN'T look like 10. Unfortunately, certain people seem to want a completely re-hauled game every year.

You're right on too, about these videos just being a peak. That spliced little video shows maybe 1% of all that The Show offers in terms of a baseball game, not to mention how much it shines on a TV set 10ft in front of one's face. I do, however, think SCEA needs to be a little smarter when allowing these videos to be released, simply knowing that there is always a small (but vocal) crowd of people who overreact to every bit of information that gets released.

Now, having said all that, this is no different than it's been in years past, and once we get a few weeks removed from the release of this game, most of the "out of the woodworks" crowd will go away, and we will no longer have to wade through pages and pages of all-caps, exclamation point laced posts.

Every year we have a Countdown to Release thread... I have my own Countdown to Peace going on in my head... just five more weeks
Old 02-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #180
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Now, having said all that, this is no different than it's been in years past, and once we get a few weeks removed from the release of this game, most of the "out of the woodworks" crowd will go away, and we will no longer have to wade through pages and pages of all-caps, exclamation point laced posts.
Truth be told, I'm seeing more of these posts from people who have something good to say about the game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #181
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19

I really don't think the video gives the game any justice due to the fact that it's played from behind the pitcher cam. I mean is there at least handful of people who bat using the from behind the pitcher cam? I know I maybe seen one person say they like playing that way but for me I get my enjoyment from catcher cam when batting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #182
Rookie

Golds's Arena

OVR: 3
Only thing I don't like is the end of the game...

First the pitcher pumps his fist and turns around and the catcher runs up behind him.

Then an "end of the game" cut scene starts and it shows the pitcher celebrating differently and the catcher running up to the pitcher in a whole different way......
Old 02-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #183
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk

LMAO, Stevie Wonder! I'm right with you then and must be blind also. The games lighting is just amazing and I can only imagine what it's going to look like when I get the game with weather now incorporated along with the cloud covers. In all the years of gaming and I am 38 and started with Atari did I ever dream we would have games looking like real life.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #184
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Truth be told, I'm seeing more of these posts from people who have something good to say about the game.

You're probably right!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »