Home

MLB 2K11 My Player and Franchise Mode Improvements (ESPN The Gamer)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 My Player and Franchise Mode Improvements (ESPN The Gamer) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 2K11 My Player and Franchise Mode Improvements (ESPN The Gamer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeniableSkillz9
what are you guys complaining now. i believe my question ask for a suggestion.
Everyone's simply saying that this is the wrong forum to ask what game to buy.

Back on topic, I'm really looking forward to this game. The improvements sound nice.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #50
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeniableSkillz9
what are you guys complaining now. i believe my question ask for a suggestion.
Nobody complained. They were just pointing you to the right spot for your question. The second guy is a senior mod and was simply giving you a link to the thread that explains why comparisons aren't being allowed. It was just to help you, not harp on you.

Some people have proven they can't handle comparisons without either attacking or getting defensive, so it was nixed for all of us. That's why nobody answered your question, because it can't really be answered without making such comparisons.

To try to answer your question in general terms though, I don't think anyone can tell you for sure as the games offer two different experiences. It's really best to rent them on release, try them out and see how each one suits your preference.

Or if rentals don't work for you, play the demos for each game from the one of the last couple years (the general feel of the game, in terms of style, will be close enough) and see which style suits you better and then weigh in the new features for 2011 and see if they sway you.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #51
Rookie

SportsCenter23's Arena

OVR: 2

I can't wait for this game to come out. I just hope they also fixed Free Agency in the offseason. It was really annoying to have the best player every year in FA being in the high 70's.
NCAA: Washington Huskies
RIP: Seattle Sonics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm a huge fan of baseball & being an owner of all 3 NG systems I always swayed towards MLB The Show. But I no longer have the PS3 due to lack of use so I sold it. I've been sour over the 2K series for years. But 2k11 sounds like they're finally giving us a solid game. I admit it sounds really, really good. And seeing as I no longer have my PS3 I hope this game won't make me miss The Show too much. 2k10 was an OK game but it had it's problems. I even thought the "My Player" feature in the 2K game had more potential to be better than The Show's. 2K has done a good job this year of giving us more information as well prior to the game's release. With every detail revealed the excitement grows. It can't get here fast enough.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 0
Blah... Blah... Blah! Nothing in the Franchise info that tells me they have improved the Farm system (the lifeblood of small market teams). I quite buying the game when every year the minors were saturated with guys in their mid to late 30's - even in the lower levels. How many players being drafted finished college compared to those signing out of high school, early college, or even teenagers from Latin America? Read the current issue of Sports weekly and look at the ages of the Top 100 Prospects - there isn't a 30 year old in the entire bunch. Real baseball fans, wanting the experience of developing talent, apparently have nothing to hope for. Bottom line: Another year and no baseball game to buy for the xbox,
Old 03-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
That actually kind of confused me, because I don't think that is how the DL works. You put the guy on the 15-day DL, and then you can activate him anytime after that. You don't have to put him on another 15 days.

Maybe I am confused.
I think he's saying, if you have a player get injured. Place him on the 15-day DL given him a chance to heal. Only to find out after 15-days he's still not healthy enough to play, you can then place him back on the DL for another 15-days, still giving you the ability to activate him whenever he's ready
Old 03-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #55
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

My one concern with the pitch counts is just how strictly managers will adhere to them, especially in My Player mode. Let's say I'm on a 90-100 pitch limit. And let's say that it's the 9th inning and I'm pitching a shutout, but I've reached 100 pitches. Will he pull me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 02:15 AM   #56
Pro

HHHBigFan's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm really worried about the Pitch Count thing..I don't think I've ever had a pitch count higher than 70 in a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »