Home

MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #593
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Is the demo available for Xbox Silver users yet?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #594
Rookie

OVR: 2

just encountered a rather large glitch and I will try to explain it as best I can.

Bottom of Third. trailing 3-2. Pat Burrell (me) leads off the inning. hits a long fly ball down the left field line. Left fielder goes into a wall climbing animation. then, the OUT prompt AND the home run graphics play simultaneously. sure enough, the next hitter comes up, and it is 3-3 AND THERE IS ONE OUT.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #595
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRockstar
just encountered a rather large glitch and I will try to explain it as best I can.

Bottom of Third. trailing 3-2. Pat Burrell (me) leads off the inning. hits a long fly ball down the left field line. Left fielder goes into a wall climbing animation. then, the OUT prompt AND the home run graphics play simultaneously. sure enough, the next hitter comes up, and it is 3-3 AND THERE IS ONE OUT.
This is a known issue. I sure hope it's addressed in the Day One patch if they can fix that then we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #596
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I just finished playing the demo. I haven't played a 2k basball game since 2k8. I must admit I'm impressed. I found the demo to be a fun experience. I didn't expect that hearing all the things that I've heard about the series, since I last played it.

I loved the pitching system. It's a little sensitive for my liking. But it is a new experience and something that I enjoyed, and I'm not a big analog guy. But it was fun, challenging and there was a rewarding feeling of getting it "perfect".

I beleive that that hitting system was in 2K8 I could be wrong, but again, it was fun. I like the hitting in 2K's demo over that of the show to be honest. I can't put my finger on it, but I like it better.

Fielding I couldn't discern any real difference between the two games, and I didn't have a problem with 2k's fielding and throwing systems, but I don't know how to do complex things like dive and jump.

I really wish they would've included some commentary in the demo, I have heard nothing but positive things about 2K's commentary but didn't get a chance to experience it myself, that hurts that demo experience, to not add one of the things that your games across all sports have been known to excel at.

I am not a fan of the player models. I don't want this to turn into a comparison thread, so I will say this about the Giants park IMO I've seen better. But that is in no way ment to dilute the appearance of the game. It looks good to, I'm just not a fan of the demo stadium's appearance.

Overall, I enjoyed the demo. It has peaked my interest in the series. If I was young and single with loads of disposable income I would say the demo did enough to convince me that I should get 2 baseball game this spring. Unfortunate I am no longer in that situation and can only get one. I really enjoyed the demo and going in I had my doubts if that was going to happen so I am pleasantly surprised by 2K's offering. I hope they continue to develop their game.

Baseball fans are truly lucky this season. I don't see how you could go wrong with this game or the "other" one. I may have to pick this game up used down the road if the football titles fail to impress me this year.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #597
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47
Is the demo available for Xbox Silver users yet?
If someone knows when exactly it will be available for silvers users (Midnight tonight?) it would be much-appreciated. Would save me a lot of time and effort rearranging boxes and cords and moving stuff all over the place just to connect to X-Box Live and not be able to download it yet.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »