Home

MLB '11: The Show Review (PS3)

This is a discussion on MLB '11: The Show Review (PS3) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #25
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Con: Repetitive animations and commentary.

Disagree with repetitive aniamations. You can play all year and not see all the different animations. If you are talking about the batter stepping out of the box and flicking the dirt, that is a very poor example and has little to do with the total package. Plus you can always hit your button to bypass.

Visuals and animations are a 10 for The Show.

Commentary has been improved from last year. Maybe not a strong point, but certainly not a con.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #26
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB '11: The Show Review (PS3)

Given the author had an entire extra week to write a review, that was pretty skimpy. Fair, but skimpy.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Franchise mode wasn't neglected we have limited resources and limited time. Can't revamp every mode every year. RTTS needed some love as Franchise mode received a large portion of the resources the previous two years.

Ramone,
I didnt mean revamp every mode. But give each mode something.
If there are too many modes, then get rid of some.

Ian C said that after Play Now and franchise, usage of all other modes was miniscule.

Look the truth is, the gameplay and little things are outstanding now.

We got analog.
Rain.
New RTTS.
New Player Models.

Time to scrap franny, start anew.
Bring in 3 new announcers.
Add Stats to the in-game presentation. with new overlays that look like ones on tv. they actually got RID of some stat overlays this year, example being the drop down ticker up top showing the number of Hr, Doubles SBs a guy now has on the year after he hits one. I am surprised this one got neglected as it was number one on the hit parade last last.

For me in my time with 11 I thought [and i am huge presentation guy] that the presentation treaded water this year and too me I dont think thats acceptable, but thats just me, seeing as what NBA 2k did by hitting EVERY single mode and adding new ones in there as well, In one cycle.
I didnt see anymore overlays then i did last year.

Also, why are the coolest overlays and batter walk up factoids/stats only in play now?
How come u guys dont push it to Franny?
weird.

in any event the review really hit it on the head with me.
getting rid of the staleness will help sales even more next year.

Last edited by econoodle; 03-16-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Ramone,
I didnt mean revamp every mode. But give each mode something.
If there are too many modes, then get rid of some.

Ian C said that after Play Now and franchise, usage of all other modes was miniscule.

Look the truth is, the gameplay and little things are outstanding now.

We got analog.
Rain.
New RTTS.
New Player Models.

Time to scrap franny, start anew.
Bring in 3 new announcers.
Add Stats to the in-game presentation. with new overlays that look like ones on tv. they actually got RID of some stat overlays this year, example being the drop down ticker up top showing the number of Hr, Doubles SBs a guy now has on the year after he hits one. I am surprised this one got neglected as it was number one on the hit parade last last.

For me in my time with 11 I thought [and i am huge presentation guy] that the presentation treaded water this year and too me I dont think thats acceptable, but thats just me, seeing as what NBA 2k did by hitting EVERY single mode and adding new ones in there as well, In one cycle.
I didnt see anymore overlays then i did last year.

Also, why are the coolest overlays and batter walk up factoids/stats only in play now?
How come u guys dont push it to Franny?
weird.

in any event the review really hit it on the head with me.
getting rid of the staleness will help sales even more next year.

Please stop calling it franny. That's horrible.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #29
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

I would love to see them go all out with the Real Time Presentation. It's already very good, but if they can get in even more animations/reactions, player interaction, etc, along with the cutscenes that play at the end of each inning... look out!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #30
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
This is the best playing and most well polished game in The Show series.

And one of, if not the best representation of emotions, and little things to it's respected sport.

I am not a fan of scores, but a 9 is where it would sit. Minimum. Especially comparative to the competition and other sports games.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #31
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

This is an awesome exhibition baseball game, and the batter/pitcher match is amazing, but that's not entirely what I buy it for. Until the franchise bugs get fixed without me needing to do backflips with 30-man controls and trade logic dance-arounds, this doesn't deserve a 9, nor an 8.5 in my book.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 06:27 AM   #32
Rookie

gigadkc's Arena

OVR: 3
the game is still awesome but unfortunately is still sucks online. I don't care about that too much, I mainly play offline. Would be nice if the presentation and commentary could be updated next year, NBA 2K11 does a great job with that and I'd love to see something similar in The Show. I also hope that SCEA will add the other minor league levels, it would be fun to start RTTS in Rookie League.

btw: I know it's early but would it be possible to add WBC-Teams in 2013? PYS did that in 2009 and it was awesome. It also adds some great players not playing in the MLB to the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »