Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - First Look Reveals Custom Playbooks, What Else Can You Find?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - First Look Reveals Custom Playbooks, What Else Can You Find? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #169
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - First Look Reveals Custom Playbooks, What Else Can You Find

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
What's the ETA on additional info?
There's a different thread in this forum that details when the blogs are being released. First one is due out April 22 and details "X-Books and Gameplay", where I think we can now change "X-Books" to "custom playbooks".
Old 03-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #170
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - First Look Reveals Custom Playbooks, What Else Can You Find

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Crowds looked terrible, players loOked the same, animations looked the same. But we have symbols!

Seeing Walter Payton cannot be good, they are going to go the NBA 2k12 route, but instead of adding alot of substance to gameplay/franchise, they will just pump out mass marketing about being able to play as Old time greats.

Looks like another gimmick year to me.
I don't understand how you came to those conclusions and gross oversimplifications based on thirty seconds of low-resolution video. You completely disregard the apparent additions of customizable playbooks and inclusion of player tendency ratings, both of which have the potential to significantly alter how the user plays the game. You also completely misinterpret the inclusion of Walter Payton; he was recently released in a limited time promotion for Madden Ultimate Team, and likely his inclusion in this screenshot is some sort of indicator of progress on that mode.

Bottom line, you're entitled to your opinion, sure, but I don't think yours is a fair one.

And did you honestly expect the game to look radically different?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #171

OVR: 34

I always think of this when teaser videos are released...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #172
Banned

OVR: 0

That's it??? I want the last 34 seconds of my life back. Couldnt see a damn thing and the best thing about the teaser was the music. UGH.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #173
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter77733
That's it??? I want the last 34 seconds of my life back. Couldnt see a damn thing and the best thing about the teaser was the music. UGH.
What were you expecting? Seriously... what were you expecting?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 03-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #174
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
To be honest, I'm not interested in the details like custom play books. I just wanted to see the animations clearly, and this teaser unfortunately was vague about that.

Although, if you look at the close-up of the boot, there is a runner in the background, and he seems to be exhibiting the same exact running motion of M11 (all hunched up).
I'm very interested in custom play-books, but I also want to see some more of the animations to see if the action on the field is more dynamic, and shows more of the violence that is present in football. I wanted to see if the animations were improved as well as the tackling. Now I know a teaser isn't going to show much, but I was just hoping for 10 seconds or so to analyze and run back over and over. With this video I can't even do that.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #175
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

I think the section of the players feet running on the feild is showcasing the grass not foot planting.

If you look closely you can see some blades of grass get torn up and tossed after the players cleats go into it.

Looks like cut grass flying into the air
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #176
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Man, what's it like to carry this burden with you 100% of the time you're on these forums? You have (or show rather) NO optimism for this franchise. What's the point?
The point is to be honest and express my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »