Home

MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

What do I risk other if I play using only my profile and controlling one team? Does it screw anything up?

I know doing the 30 team control is not hard, but I really only want to focus on my squad and am not really in need of controlling the others.

Advice or pros/cons would be great, not sure I understand all the options available.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 0

hey knight i have not dl'd the rosters to check this but i saw that kris watts from the pittsburgh pirates was listed as a pitcher in your first post but he is actually a catcher
Old 04-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #155
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeboy0508
hey knight i have not dl'd the rosters to check this but i saw that kris watts from the pittsburgh pirates was listed as a pitcher in your first post but he is actually a catcher
listed as catcher on roster Im looking at
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 12:25 AM   #156
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think chris jakubauskas has to move from FA to the orioles

by the way great work
Nba:Raptors
Old 04-13-2011, 12:29 AM   #157
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
a few things - knight's roster already has guys at the right level with correct batting orders and rotations for all levels

if you're using this roster and you don't want the cpu to mess up the linepus and rotations, even if you have lineups set to manual, you have to use the spreadsheet i posted a link to earlier in this thread and remove the players on that list from the 40 man roster for each team. If you're using the 25 man roster that someone created earlier, this step is already done.

after you advance to the regular season, you need to add those players BACK to each team's 40 man roster in order to have 100% accurate rosters. again, lineups and rotations are already set by knight.

this whole process should take an hour including DL'ing the players -not 3-4 hours because you're spending that time doing lineups that are already done
There are two ways of doing it - either start with 25 and add back (using the roster posted), or start with 40 and place the 15 guys not on opening day MLB roster in minors. These guys are still on the 40 man. They both work.

However, going from 40 to 25 seems more effective / realistic in my opinion, as you're not using options on major league players that are in the minors on the uploaded roster set - those guys are then authentically on the MLB roster (as opposed to all being in A ball) going from 40 to 25.

When injuring these players they remain (as they did in real life) on the MLB team, just do not count against the 25 man limit.

The guys that are sent down after ST then have options used as in real life.

Regarding the lineups. Yes, you are correct. That is the part that is the real time saver if using a 25 man roster.

Last edited by coreyhartsdaughter; 04-13-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:32 AM   #158
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
There are two ways of doing it - either start with 25 and add back (using the roster posted), or start with 40 and place the 15 guys not on opening day MLB roster in minors. They both work.

However, going from 40 to 25 seems more effective in my opinion, as you're not using options on major league players that are in the minors on the uploaded roster set - those guys are authentically on the MLB roster going from 40 to 25, but manually added to the DL.

The real guys that are sent down after ST then have options used as in real life.
Just tested in a quick sim, with players on DL in Single A there is no prompt/notification as to when they have come of the DL
Old 04-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #159
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskatt21
What do I risk other if I play using only my profile and controlling one team? Does it screw anything up?

I know doing the 30 team control is not hard, but I really only want to focus on my squad and am not really in need of controlling the others.

Advice or pros/cons would be great, not sure I understand all the options available.
None of the other Lineups, Rotations, etc will remain accurate.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:56 AM   #160
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by M11x
Here is a couple more fixes....

Pit - Garrett Jones - batting stance should be 'Garrett Jones' not 'Grady Sizemore'. It is incorrect on the default rosters as well as the online updates from SCEA.
Actually ImBacon had it as Sizemore on his spreadsheet so he must think that Grady's is a better fit for him

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »