Home

Madden NFL 12 Teaser Videos - X-Books & Gameplay, Presentation

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Teaser Videos - X-Books & Gameplay, Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #145
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 12 Teaser Videos - X-Books & Gameplay, Presentation

The Polamalu interception was cool. Looked like he does when he intercepts the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 2

I actually like what I see.. But please.. Please dont have the videos on thursday saying B-L-O-G lol

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Old 04-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #147
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
If it's better I will be buying. I thought Madden 2011 was the best since 2007.

I too enjoy madden 11.....my quote was truly positive....if it's no worse I'll be ok with it but i"m hoping for some improvements.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 0
Did I just see Improved WR Route Running?!? Andre Johnson ran that 10 and In precisely! I'm loving it...looks good...definitely a huge step up from last year! Looks like the "dive catch" button is iin full effect as well...I caught a quick glimpse of some new collision based tackles and gang tackles but couldn't get a clear shot as to what was going too much! Yet in still...super stoked!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #149
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
You would think with all the glory and praise NFL2K5 garnered and still to this day recieves (it is a great game no doubt) the Tiburon team would look at their franchise mode and ESPN presentation as a nice template to build from. Heck The Show team was very deliberate in taking many of the strong points of MVP Baseball and implementing that into the Show series.

Nothing wrong with that...right?

The only true thing missing from Madden right now is great presentation and a truly rewarding and replayble franchise mode. And I know they hear us....and I truly hope to kill it this year.

We can hope right!
All they need to do is reference NBA2k Commentators... They comment on last weeks games, the last time one of your players played that team and the type of game he had. They hit all the nails on the head.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #150
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 12 Teaser Video Playbook #1: X-Books & Gameplay

^^^ we'll see. but given their history this gen, i can't hold out much hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
It was hard to see much in the gameplay teaser, but it looks like Madden is getting the same zone coverage and tackling improvements NCAA has, which is great news but not a surprise either.

The presentation teaser on the other hand looks really good. I seen cheerleaders, mascots, team entrances, flyovers and a really nice stat overlay popping up (I think) mid-game with Mike Vick that looked like something you'd see on Sunday Night Football.

At this point I think it's safe to say this year is going to be a much better leap forward than Madden 11 was from Madden 10. Hopefully it all translates well on the field.
yeah, a stat overlay that looks like it's from a video game. and also swipes ea sports instead of espn or nfl network, two licenses that they have access to. whatever.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.

Last edited by blklightning; 04-26-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #151
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
You would think with all the glory and praise NFL2K5 garnered and still to this day recieves (it is a great game no doubt) the Tiburon team would look at their franchise mode and ESPN presentation as a nice template to build from. Heck The Show team was very deliberate in taking many of the strong points of MVP Baseball and implementing that into the Show series.

Nothing wrong with that...right?

The only true thing missing from Madden right now is great presentation and a truly rewarding and replayble franchise mode. And I know they hear us....and I truly hope to kill it this year.

We can hope right!
They used to have 2k running at the office to show the employees and Ian sent a congratulatory post over in the The Show Forum a few years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #152
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Hey I like seeing game previews, reading about new modes, features, upgrades etc etc.

But seriously I don't and never will understand how anyone can come to any conclusion about a new game until you actually play the retail release. Even demos can really short change you and steer you of course.

A perfect example is the NBA 2K11 demo. Bare bones. If I had based my decision on that I would have been "I don't know seems stale" It was so stripped. Of course it is one of the GOAT sports titles ever. Then I played The Show 2011 demo and was blown away. It can be hit or miss with demo's.

Point is I think it is nonsense and borderline trolling forming strong opinions on a BS 30 second teaser clip of the game. Trying to analyze this game is just ridiculous at this point IMO.

I can't repect any posts bashing or even complimenting a game that is over 4 months from retail release. Until you play the official release how do you really know how it feels? How do you know how immersive it really is?

We can talk and speculate about what will be improved, not touched, etc etc. But saying the game is going to be crap or great at this point?

No one knows anything right now. All we know is what we want, hope and pray for.

Ok off my soapbox.

I hope EA just makes such a great improvement this year, that I will feel compelled to purchase Madden 12!!!

I think it's about more then just this teaser some people are excited or disappointed about, it's a collection of everything up til now.

For years I have been hoping to get some straight talk from the EA hype machine. This year, that how it's been so far with not much vague stuff, IMO.

They directly stated how NCAA and Madden would be more of a core callabo and focus on the things unique to each in real life to make them different experiences. I think that's huge because these past years I felt like they were in core competition against each other and I didn't like that. So because gameplay info is released about NCAA first, I now feel confident attributing that to EA football as a whole.

Starting with those early Madden dev podcasts, certain individual things have been directly said that collectively are being consistently reinforced by visual evidence. That gives me excited optimism about Madden 12 and these little videos continues to build on that, for me.

I think those REASONABLE people with an opposing view are pretty much doing the same thing but for them the past is prelude. Either way, I don't think most people are analyzing the game solely on these videos. They are just pieces of a bigger body of evidence that people are basing their opinion on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »