Home

Madden NFL 12 Videos - Gameplay From ESPN First Take

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Videos - Gameplay From ESPN First Take within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #113
43M
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Videos - Gameplay From ESPN First Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
I'll tell ya why, because we keep hoping that there is a miraculous change that makes the game fun again becasue we love football. It's the only football available so it's the only hope we have to play video football, that's why people follow it even when they (myslef included) hate this version of Madden. I follow the video releases hoping and praying I see something that inspires me or gives me confidence that this could be the year. Quite frankly, if I had another option (2k, Gameday, or whatever) I wouldn't even waste my time in the Madden fourms because after 5+ years of this garbage, I've completely lost hope in Madden. we see these crappy videos that look just like last year and feel compelled to sound off in hopes that EA gets the memo one of these days.

Oh and don't hold your breath on franchise updates, they (EA) said last year that, based on their stats, not enough people play the frachise mode to make it worth their time investment to fix it or exapnd on it substantially. The vast majority of people never even complete a single season (based on their data). I contend it's because the gameplay sucks, not because of lack of options or features....I couldn't imaging playing a full 16 game season in this game....god forbid I made the playoffs and felt compelled to keep playing.

Fair enough, but do we really need the "same old Madden" comments over and over again? Ive bought Madden twice in the last 6 years. Madden 08 for the PC, which was actually great with the mods, and Madden 10, which was a major jump from 09, even with its flaws. Im not happy where it is either, but hell, at least I save the "same old Madden" type comments for when I actually play it, and even then they are limited.

And I really would like to see where you got that info about franchise, because I heard the exact opposite, and that it was the third most played mode after online exhibition and offline quick play.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #114
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
I have not being able to really enjoy next-gen Madden these last 6 years for various reasons, most of which seem to be being addressed this year. This is really starting to look more and more like a football game I can finally enjoy.

I really feel for the people who are so detailed oriented, that things like imperfect body types, jersey fonts etc, might ruin their enjoyment. I knew I had issues with Madden but I am thankful they don't run THAT deep. I really hope they get the game where all you guys can finally enjoy the game too.
Eh, the only reason I pointed it out is because it was something that was correct in all previous next-gen Madden games, and was correct in a previous screenshot of WIP Madden 12. There was no reason for it to change, yet it did.

I expect that it's just an oversight or an alpha bug or some kind that will be ironed out.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #115
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Oh and don't hold your breath on franchise updates, they (EA) said last year that, based on their stats, not enough people play the frachise mode to make it worth their time investment to fix it or exapnd on it substantially. The vast majority of people never even complete a single season (based on their data). I contend it's because the gameplay sucks, not because of lack of options or features....I couldn't imaging playing a full 16 game season in this game....god forbid I made the playoffs and felt compelled to keep playing.
You're only half-right, EA was referring specifically to online franchise with that statement. It's been asserted repeatedly that EA is making wholesale changes to offline franchise this year, though there's obviously nothing concrete yet to back that up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #116
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Eh, the only reason I pointed it out is because it was something that was correct in all previous next-gen Madden games, and was correct in a previous screenshot of WIP Madden 12. There was no reason for it to change, yet it did.

I expect that it's just an oversight or an alpha bug or some kind that will be ironed out.
I don't think you are a person that would let that ruin your enjoyment though, but I could be wrong. I just mentioned jersey fonts because it was one of the first minor details I read mentioned, that popped in my head at the time.

Last year, "tackle force fields", suction, presentation and bland franchise ruined my enjoyment but they all seem to be addressed in Madden 12. I can't imagine how rough it must be for people so detailed oriented, that the most minute detail, ruins their enjoyment.

I will just be glad to hopefully finally be able to enjoy football video games again. Can't wait!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #117
Banned

OVR: 21

although I'm still not satisfied with the current tackle tech/player interaction from either game, (after being spoiled by Backbreaker).

Why couldn't they just use the NCAA's version of EA's football engine?...and edit the uniforms?

we would have the same lighting, player models, graphics, animations, and other stuff....only thing they would need to fix/add are stadiums that are NFL only...like Candlestick Park and others.

I know it sounds easier said than done...but I don't think other aspects of the game, like franchise, menu, in-game stats, etc are connected to the gameplay engine to where it would be that huge of an overhaul.

Last edited by Afrikan; 04-28-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:22 AM   #118
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Man with how big and bulked up Vick looks.....Im a little scared to see how much bigger Ben is in this game now.....

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:38 AM   #119
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
Fair enough, but do we really need the "same old Madden" comments over and over again?
We do, just as much as we need the "same old Madden" over and over again.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:40 AM   #120
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Man with how big and bulked up Vick looks.....Im a little scared to see how much bigger Ben is in this game now.....
Have you seen Patrick Willis? The default roster has him done nicely... then they bulked him up big time. He should look like his team mate T. Spikes with different equipment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »