Home

Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode Details, Start With Overall 60 Rating, New Attributes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode Details, Start With Overall 60 Rating, New Attributes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #81
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode Details, Start With Overall 60 Rating, New Attribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Looks the same as Madden 11s menus, with the exception of the stat line over the top of the player this year for some reason.
yeah i think its just the font that reminds me of BB. i actually liked last years interface, i don't know why they felt the need to change what worked but that seems to be a trend of sorts. really do hope they move that stat line down, and after reading more on superstar i'm actually looking forward to playing it for the first time in years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #82
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode Details, Start With Overall 60 Rating, New Attribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I like the superstar is getting attention. From what I can tell from the article, the mode still looks like it isn't going to stack up against NBA2ks My player. For example, I don't like the instant starter at all and I expect that to be in the actual game as that's the way it's been for years now.
I agree.
Have to wait till Monday. But it doesnt have that wow factor. Even though the interviews get repetitive, it adds depth. It does have Great Gamplay too for all positions. Good commentary helps too.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #83
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd rather they differ from 2K and start the players on a level on par with NFL talent. Or at least set most physical attributes so you can't use the XP to get faster.

Well just read the article and you can edit speed and stuff. They still seem to be making the game with the goal of your player having this meteoric rise in a short time. I just always would rather see the better players start. A screenshot showed the RB starting over Jones despite having an OVR 24 points lower.

They had starting points in older versions of SS where you could determine your players starting abilities. They had them at different levels so you could play as a high OVR/stat rookie or an average rated player.

I guess I always felt that a low rated player should just hope to contribute to a team for as many years as possible, and the game should be about that time you were subbed in and got the first down the team needed.

Last edited by sniperhare; 05-13-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #84
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
I'd rather they differ from 2K and start the players on a level on par with NFL talent. Or at least set most physical attributes so you can't use the XP to get faster.

Well just read the article and you can edit speed and stuff. They still seem to be making the game with the goal of your player having this meteoric rise in a short time. I just always would rather see the better players start. A screenshot showed the RB starting over Jones despite having an OVR 24 points lower.

They had starting points in older versions of SS where you could determine your players starting abilities. They had them at different levels so you could play as a high OVR/stat rookie or an average rated player.

I guess I always felt that a low rated player should just hope to contribute to a team for as many years as possible, and the game should be about that time you were subbed in and got the first down the team needed.
Aside from being a QB, they should put you in for special teams and maybe after a few big plays (big returns/big tackles) you get a chance to be in a handful of plays in a game.

Say you're a HB, you get a chance at being the return man and you make a few good returns and you're rewarded with a few carries a game. You start making some good runs, picking up some good blocks, and your carries increase. Maybe even you get to a point and the starter gets injured for a game or two, and you get an increased carry load and by the end of the year you become a solid #2. The following season, you get a chance to battle for the #1 spot and if don't get it you still get experience over the season, possibly even dropping to #3 and put back on more special teams plays if your production drops.

I just want the SS to feel like you're having an impact and not just handed the starting role. Last years games, I had a QB from RTG who had a very stellar college career, who would only come in at around a 60 OVR rating (was ok with that), but you started no matter what. The only way to make it not seem super cheesy was to run the draft over and over untill he was put on a team without a real #1 QB (Cardinals for example), and even then, if we went 0-16 and I threw 0 TD's and 50 INT's, I'd still be the starter and could get traded to the Pat's or Colt's. Very, very, stupid.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #85
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Yeah it's great EA is taking pages from 2K, but I thought they can have improved on some things. Why not have a combine that determines your stats? They already had things like the forty and bench pressing they could have expanded on that. Just starting at an arbitrary number and getting random points to improve from random none related drills is what My Player is doing wrong.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 05-13-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Aside from being a QB, they should put you in for special teams and maybe after a few big plays (big returns/big tackles) you get a chance to be in a handful of plays in a game.
I think this would be a great idea, especially if you choose to be an undrafted free agent! It would feel so cool and rewarding to have to work your way up from say special teams or the practice squad before you can earn a bigger role on offense or defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Say you're a HB, you get a chance at being the return man and you make a few good returns and you're rewarded with a few carries a game. You start making some good runs, picking up some good blocks, and your carries increase. Maybe even you get to a point and the starter gets injured for a game or two, and you get an increased carry load and by the end of the year you become a solid #2. The following season, you get a chance to battle for the #1 spot and if don't get it you still get experience over the season, possibly even dropping to #3 and put back on more special teams plays if your production drops.

I just want the SS to feel like you're having an impact and not just handed the starting role. Last years games, I had a QB from RTG who had a very stellar college career, who would only come in at around a 60 OVR rating (was ok with that), but you started no matter what. The only way to make it not seem super cheesy was to run the draft over and over untill he was put on a team without a real #1 QB (Cardinals for example), and even then, if we went 0-16 and I threw 0 TD's and 50 INT's, I'd still be the starter and could get traded to the Pat's or Colt's. Very, very, stupid.
Do you think it would be possible for the guys to make your SS become a bust? I remember making SS's in the past and I don't remember them ever flaming out of the league. I would hate for my person to flame out, but I think it would add a touch of realism and make the game more enjoyable in a way. Imagine being drafted as a teams number 1 DE/OLB, turn out to be a huge bust (Vernon Gholston lol?) and then cut/traded for next to nothing. In the NFL, not every player that came into the league was an immediate star. Look at guys like James Harrison!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #87
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

This is how I see it.

Since they have the option to be an undrafted free agent, you should HAVE to work.

If you were a late round draft pick or undrafted, when training camp rolls around, the game should make you bust your *** to make the team.

Then in preseason, every game you should get a certain amount of plays and not automatically the entire half to prove yourself.

And then go from Special Teams and up the Depth Chart.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 05-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #88
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
This is how I see it.

Since they have the option to be an undrafted free agent, you should HAVE to work.

If you were a late round draft pick or undrafted, when training camp rolls around, the game should make you bust your *** to make the team.

Then in preseason, every game you should get a certain amount of plays and not automatically the entire half to prove yourself.

And then go from Special Teams and up the Depth Chart.

Right you'd need to play for your spot on your team or to impress someone else around the league. It would be cool if the game would sim until a player was injured, and you could then sign on with a team midseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »