Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
They have done alot to this game and we will have the best game on the next gen consoles since they started coming out. I for one cant wait to play it.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:36 AM   #74
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboykmoney
They have done alot to this game and we will have the best game on the next gen consoles since they started coming out. I for one cant wait to play it.
Yeah but it doesnt make the game great. the OS community is already bored with the presentation and the game hasnt even come out yet.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 05-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
I think they are slowly getting into a broadcast presentation package, but I don't think it should take this many attempts, in all honesty. All you have to do is watch a few TV broadcasts to understand how to package the game.

If you're striving for realism, a realistic broadcast package is much more immersive and authentic than attempting this "in-between" package that seems stuck between trying to be EA-cinematic and having a true television broadcast. I think they should do one or the other (hopefully the latter) but not confuse the two and create a mess

The commentary is in poor shape, for certain. More than one team is not necessary, but I think because we've hearing the same guys for so many years, it would definitely help to either change the announcers (I'd prefer Musberger) or add a new squad creating CBS/ESPN broadcasts. Madden has been changing things up lately and with Gus Johnson they found a winner.

Aside from the lack of commentary depth, enthusiasm, and relevance, the camera angles also need work. See any TV broadcast to figure these out. Plus the shots need to change each game--if you recycle the same four camera shots each game, how redundant is that? We see the same section of fans, the same view of the players running out, and so forth each and every game, it just does not feel authentic at all. Mix those in with a multitude of other shots--of course I'd prefer they stuck with angles that are authentic to a TV broadcast--and it is a better package (with exceptions for RTG mode of course).

They did good things by bringing in the graphical overlays, wipes, and other things, but they missed out by not upgrading the actual in-game presentation, which is where most of a users time is spent (thus changes, or lack thereof, are the most notable). Maybe that will be on next year's agenda.
This is a really good post.

The problem is Brad Nessler sounds bored out his mind that he's doing NCAA 12. Honestly, who are the supervisors on the EA team that listen to this crap and think "Oh man, this is great commentary...This might be the most real commentary I've ever heard"?? Whoever they are, they need to be fired. Though I will give Nessler's commentary a little bit of credit - it's better than Gus Johnson's pronoun-bound commentary in Madden.

But it's so dull and so old and so repetitive that it really just mucks up the game. Time for something new in commentary. Either give Nessler an 8-ball of coke so he doesn't fall asleep from his own voice while recording lines, or bring in someone who can convey at least a tad bit more emotion and energy.

But hey, at least we have physics-based pylons this year!! OMG SICK!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #76
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Sounds like nearly the exact same commentary as last year... which was not all that great to begin with.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 05-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 8

Meh...nothing too exciting. Here's a thought, why not show current season stats with their ranking in the conference? Or last game's stats? Or something besides their current height and weight?
Old 05-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #78
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeh I wish for regular games they would only use angles that are seen on TV. It would have been so much cooler if you only had the camera running behind the players in the entrance ONLY for RTG. Instead you'll always have that camera angle running out so it will never be unique for RTG. Although I don't even remember if RTG even had entrances in 11?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'd like to see EA hire voice actors for the commentary. Having great commentary is possible with real commentators as many games have shown us that, but we've also seen that voice actors can do a very good job with commentary.

If EA came in with a new direction in commentary and hired voice actors, had them have a larger range of emotions, and had a ton of banter lines, then the commentary would be a huge upgrade.

No more one liners that are about the play, we need the commentators to actually have a conversation that can carry on through maybe two to three plays. Have it possible to be interrupted like MLB 2k or NBA 2k and then continue on.

For example, Miami @ FSU. Miami RB gets a big carry, commentators start talking about the run, then get on to how serious this rivalry is. Then they stop for a second, say its 1st and 10 from the 45 yard line, then say something to get back in to the discussion of the rivalry. Talk about how close the games are, all the wide kicks, the great coaches involved, players, etc.

EA seems to think commentary has to be strictly about what just happened on the field. That isn't it. Yes, do talk about what is happening, but have conversations that occur often and last a few plays. This will help kill some of the dead silence and easily make the commentators feel like they're real people commentating on a real game.

Imagine if in real life the commentators never said anything in between plays and never really talked to each other, but instead kept saying one line and then having silence. They would b fired right after the game.

― Plato
Old 05-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Yeh I wish for regular games they would only use angles that are seen on TV. It would have been so much cooler if you only had the camera running behind the players in the entrance ONLY for RTG. Instead you'll always have that camera angle running out so it will never be unique for RTG. Although I don't even remember if RTG even had entrances in 11?
RTG had no type of in-game presentation at all. Every other BAP mode(besides SS) has some type of in-game presentation. It adds depth and replayability. Hopefully RTG has some type of in-game presentation this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »