Home

Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #17
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Coach ratings are not in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Wow... the whole CC stuff just lost 90% of its appeal for me...
Yeah I kinda just deflated. But Ill be done if the blog confirms these new lil developments.

Dont get me wrong, I will still buy the game, I've dealt with no CC in Dynasty before and I can deal with a less than gratifying one.

This game is just losing it hype.

It like eating a thick doughnut with frosting on top, hoping to meet some filling only to be left with plain old doughnut that looked promising from the outside but utter disapointment in the end, but you still eat it.
YouTube: TBD

Last edited by PaperBoyx703; 05-23-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #18
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeJR23
I disagree...I think this is better than nothing. Also, in the link you posted it said the two ratings you can edit for coaches is prestige and job security. That will make a tremendous difference. In NCAA 11 guys like Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer and Mack brown would lose their jobs for no reason at all. Hopefully with job security this is eliminated. Also guys like Rich Rod last year would go 8-4 and not be fired b/c the game didn't know that Rich Rod in real life was already on the hot seat at a prestigous school, so he wouldn't be fired.

Also the guy said that prestige is kind of like an overall rating of a coach so it will make a difference if we are able to establish who the elite coaches are (Saban, Stoops, Miles, Brown, Tressel, etc.) and who are the guys who shouldn't be considered at top tier schools. Also, with the addition of alma mater I'm assuming that this will have weight in the way college hire the next coach which is realistic. In the videos everything is generic as far as coaches/coordinators go so once we put in the realistic coaches/coordinators we may see less randomness. Because in the videos I see there are ALOT of generic A+ coordinators which there really shouldn't be any at all. If prestige is a raw overall of a coach then no coordinator should be an A+. And once that is eliminated you'll probably see teams stick with their B+ coach who's having a down year rather than go with the C coordinator who's had a great year with a team. Just saying, you might want to see how it works out before we condemn it.
Based on that Q&A, you can't edit those ratings while in dynasty. Everything would have to be done before you start the dynasty.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #19
Rookie

MSU124's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeJR23
I disagree...I think this is better than nothing. Also, in the link you posted it said the two ratings you can edit for coaches is prestige and job security. That will make a tremendous difference. In NCAA 11 guys like Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer and Mack brown would lose their jobs for no reason at all. Hopefully with job security this is eliminated. Also guys like Rich Rod last year would go 8-4 and not be fired b/c the game didn't know that Rich Rod in real life was already on the hot seat at a prestigous school, so he wouldn't be fired.

Also the guy said that prestige is kind of like an overall rating of a coach so it will make a difference if we are able to establish who the elite coaches are (Saban, Stoops, Miles, Brown, Tressel, etc.) and who are the guys who shouldn't be considered at top tier schools. Also, with the addition of alma mater I'm assuming that this will have weight in the way college hire the next coach which is realistic. In the videos everything is generic as far as coaches/coordinators go so once we put in the realistic coaches/coordinators we may see less randomness. Because in the videos I see there are ALOT of generic A+ coordinators which there really shouldn't be any at all. If prestige is a raw overall of a coach then no coordinator should be an A+. And once that is eliminated you'll probably see teams stick with their B+ coach who's having a down year rather than go with the C coordinator who's had a great year with a team. Just saying, you might want to see how it works out before we condemn it.
But it doesn't matter if the stick with their B+ coach or hire a new one, the team will play the exact same.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Based on that Q&A, you can't edit those ratings while in dynasty. Everything would have to be done before you start the dynasty.
Right that's the point. Like I said, if it were NCAA11 and Rich Rod had a down year in Year 1 of your dynasty he would not be fired. Where as in real life we both know what happened after this previous season. It wouldn't have happened w/o job security being in. Also, when Rich Rod was fired in NCAA11 they would still run the same spread, same playbook, same philosophy. That's an improvement even if it is cosmetic. And the guy also said "3) They do not effect during gameplay, however during simulations, the prestige rating does effect performance", so it does matter if you have Nick Saban (A+) versus someone like Dabo Swinney (C+). I'm just going by the info given so far. With the upcoming blogs and the embargo lifted I'm sure more clarity will be given on this but I think it's an upgrade for sure.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #21
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Pike, first off, NOBODY said they'd rather have nothing than this. We're all saying that they left out the most important part.

Second, the "ratings" coaches are given have ZERO effect on the performance of your team. That's the issue.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #22
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

But don't coaches now recruit to their style of play? Wouldn't a D rated coach only be able to attract low level recruiting talent based on his low prestige rating> Thus affecting the depth and skill level of a team down the line?
Old 05-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #23
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Man, I knew to not get my hopes up. But it's still disappointing to read that a lot of the stuff we all want, still isn't in.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #24
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

Who cares. As long as I can still play football and it looks good, I don't care one thing about the extra crap in Dynasty mode. My only concern is fixing recruiting so prestige isn't the only determining factor that makes recruits interested in schools.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »