Home

2K Sports Will Not Release NHL 2K12

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Will Not Release NHL 2K12 within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #17
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 2K Sports Will Not Release NHL 2K12

Me and my brother called this long ago so it's no surprise to me. I liked the series early on but it went downhill from their. Plus when EA announced they had the winter classic this year that was a sign to me 2K wasn't coming out as that was exclusive to 2K. When they wouldn't support 2K10 with patches for the PS3 that was it for me as they didn't care anymore as the fanbase was dead except for some of the hardcores. Now with the Wii version cancelled it is telling of their sales. I don't see a 2K hockey for sometime unless another publisher takes over. It's sad as I liked the series for a time but the game never evloved as it wasn't given the resources to do so.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #18
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Yeah, if it does come back, I don't see it happening until the next consoles drop and the developers basically have to make a fresh start anyways. This way them and EA will basically be on the same footing again. The question is, will Take Two even be willing or will just stick with NBA and maybe MLB? I hope so, having choices is always nice.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater41
Maybe SCEA can give us an NHL game for the PS 3. Could you imagine the possibilities as good as MLB The Show is?
Thing is, it would have to be worth their while to make the game. Baseball is a lot more popular than hockey in the US. Would an NHL game not made by EA sell enough copies for Sony to justify the investment in the franchise?

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 05-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #20
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater41
Maybe SCEA can give us an NHL game for the PS 3. Could you imagine the possibilities as good as MLB The Show is?
They got out of the hockey business last generation. They seem to torpedo any thought of developing any other sports game other then baseball.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #21
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
They got out of the hockey business last generation. They seem to torpedo any thought of developing any other sports game other then baseball.
Yeah, their Basketball game never became much. I think they just got a great bunch of devs for MLB and that's why they are stickin with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

This really stinks.
And nobody is to blame but 2k and the direction (or lack thereof) they took the series once next-gen came around.

Love it or hate it, Skillstick has been received very well by the masses. And what did 2K do to counteract it? Cold breath and playoff beards.

I don't blame the guys that took over this mess from Kush as it sounds like they had very little time to turn the boat around.

It's just a shame what became of this series. 2K3 was tremendous. I don't think 2K really took advantage of that terrific engine.

I think it'll be a long, LONG time before we see someone else take on hockey. At least not a sim representation. There's not much money in hockey games and EA has a major stranglehold on the market.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt doug8182
im very pissed at 2k first the dropped college baseball on 2k now its the nhl 2k hockey game . then they flat out lied to us. about the game they suck and far as the company its self why in h---ll did they even tell that . fib what it just to get more sales for the basketball what make them think that ea nhl hockey is all that great its plan b----s----t. they need to just sell to mirosoft or sony or some other company thats willing to really spend money in sports viedo games. at least ea-sports is bringing back live in 2012. and not giveing up like a bunch p----ys.
Wait, what are you trying to say?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #24
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Guess I'll be playing NHL 2k10 with Fiddy's rosters.

Horrible news though.. I was really wishing on a 2 year development hockey game from 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »