Home

NHL 12 Video - The Winter Classic

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Video - The Winter Classic within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 12 Video - The Winter Classic

Really wish they didn't make a big deal of this. Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the winter classic anymore? Sure it's marginally good for the US market and the first one was cool, but the rest have been duds. Especially this year after all the 24/7 hype and then culminating in a crappy game.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm also curious how this will be implemented in Season/BAGM mode. Winter Classic next year will probably be played at Citizens Bank Park between Rangers and Flyers. So in the game, that match-up will be played at Heinz Field? That would be odd to say the least, although I guess it's better than not having it outdoors at all.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #11
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlast
I'm also curious how this will be implemented in Season/BAGM mode. Winter Classic next year will probably be played at Citizens Bank Park between Rangers and Flyers. So in the game, that match-up will be played at Heinz Field? That would be odd to say the least, although I guess it's better than not having it outdoors at all.
No I'm pretty sure what will happen is it will be the same as in the other versions where the game will just be played at the home teams arena. So for NYR vs. PHI it will just be played a Wells Fargo Center like a normal game. The only thing that would change that is if EA made a DLC content available of a version of Citizens Bank for the Winter Classic. Otherwise I'm pretty sure this will not be implemented into BAGM. That is why this feature isn't as exciting as it could be. This feature will be cool after about one time and then it will feel like just another game unless there are more stadiums. I'm pretty sure they never said anything about adding Buffalo, Wrigley, and Fenway into the game either.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Really wish they didn't make a big deal of this. Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the winter classic anymore? Sure it's marginally good for the US market and the first one was cool, but the rest have been duds. Especially this year after all the 24/7 hype and then culminating in a crappy game.
I don't really care for it. Even if the Blues make it, it would only really be interesting to watch live.
I think it's kind of a waste of time game wise, but i understand some people wanted it.
I just thinks it's a lot of extra work for just one game...
Old 05-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Kaladesskel's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I don't really care for it. Even if the Blues make it, it would only really be interesting to watch live.
I think it's kind of a waste of time game wise, but i understand some people wanted it.
I just thinks it's a lot of extra work for just one game...
Hey If I have to keep spending $60 every year for a new NHL game, they better be implementing new things and doing extra work, lol.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #14
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
No I'm pretty sure what will happen is it will be the same as in the other versions where the game will just be played at the home teams arena. So for NYR vs. PHI it will just be played a Wells Fargo Center like a normal game. The only thing that would change that is if EA made a DLC content available of a version of Citizens Bank for the Winter Classic. Otherwise I'm pretty sure this will not be implemented into BAGM. That is why this feature isn't as exciting as it could be. This feature will be cool after about one time and then it will feel like just another game unless there are more stadiums. I'm pretty sure they never said anything about adding Buffalo, Wrigley, and Fenway into the game either.
I have heard that people think that they can't do baseball fields because 2K sports owns the rights to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaladesskel
Hey If I have to keep spending $60 every year for a new NHL game, they better be implementing new things and doing extra work, lol.
I agree. I just feel they could have worked on other things (Way more player faces) instead of texturing and modelling, then programming a whole new stadium and event.
I love new features, this one just doesn't appeal to me.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #15
Rookie

Kaladesskel's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I agree. I just feel they could have worked on other things (Way more player faces) instead of texturing and modelling, then programming a whole new stadium and event.
I love new features, this one just doesn't appeal to me.
That's true. All the players pretty much do look the same. But I like the Winter Classic, it's a unique thing to the sport, like when the NFL has a game in Europe. I'm not saying they should make a big deal out of it, cause its only one game of the year but it was requested a lot and at least EA is listening to their fans. But they should improve what's already there first, I do agree on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 24

I have a feeling the WC will probably be a "play now" mode. All the pics and this video have the same two teams, stadium, and heavy snowfall.

Would be cool to have it in franchise mode with rotating teams and stadiums though...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »