Home

NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #169
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed Today, Demo Streaming LIVE Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
I agree - once the money has been budgeted for the individual teams (art vs. gameplay). But, I would assume budgets are created before the individual teams are - and couldn't that money have been allocated for additional gameplay engineering?

Really, it's embarrassing to think that all the $$$ spent on having additional "pageantry" consisting of cut scenes before a game (that the majority of us will click through after seeing it once or twice) could have been devoted to a CPU running game or making a play action pass effective.

Really, it's incumbent upon the user community to be the squeaky wheel when it comes to this.
Finally someone who understands

Like competition, it drives one to be better.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
It's not that, it's just that people are quoting this info like it's the final build, and they're shipping "this" to stores tomorrow. I take this info with a grain of salt. Plus, you can't make a real inference until you get the game in your hands.

I remember this same response happening over the NCAA 11 demo last year.
So, tell me why a critical piece of gameplay that has never functioned properly in multiple iterations of the game -- such as PA passing or the ability for the CPU to run out of the spread -- will be fixed in the short timeframe between demo build and final release? Now, if they mention it being fixed that's one thing, but it sounds to me like they've ignored these issues for a while and have no intent to fix them in such a short time period.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #171
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

They did say that they would drop tuners in the demo vid so the demo played like the retail version, unless I am imagining things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #172
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
well, I remember posting a couple times a week ago that as soon as the demo comes out, watch out on these forums.

I have two things to say, one on each side of the coin.

A.) This is nowhere near a recent build of the game, it was submitted more than 6 weeks ago if I remember correctly.

B.) That being said, the gameplay shown in this video is very concerning. Yes, the CPU shotgun running is absolutely atrocious. Ball Carrier logic seemed flawed as well. There were a number of issues from NCAA 11 apparent in this demo footage and you can't blame people for noticing that.

I just hope that EA has spent the time to fix these things in the 2 months or so they had had before the game goes gold.
Correct and if these problems from what we are seeing in the demo were never addressed then it is too late now as the game has already gone gold.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #173
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Okay, so we aren't allowed to make judgements on these videos. Why show them if to not show off? If you call me and tell me al about your new car, then shows me a picture of it and it looks like crap, am I supposed to wait until I see it in person? I'm just saying in fairness to the NCAA Team, this probably is not the newest build.

ALSO

Ben looks like a tomato, it must be hot in there or he is really sunburnt
My car might get totally pimped out before you see it in person 2 months later...just like this demo is a build of 2 months before release most likely. It would be like me telling you this is the now picture of the car but wait for the final product to make a final judgment and you are still acting like the sky is falling and I have a crap car.

The truth is, you do not know how it will turn out.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #174
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I also have to say, that I think EA relies too much on just releasing "tuner packs." When Ben was asked questions about fixing issues in the game in previous videos he would say "we tuned this" or "we tuned that," well maybe instead of tuning we need rip stuff out and rebuild a better part to put back in to make it work better from the ground up.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #175
Rookie

themassacre771.1's Arena

OVR: 5

I really really hope they fix shotgun running
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #176
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Just for the record, I actually saw some nice shotgun running by CPU, as well as some nice mobile QB plays from the shotgun when watching the E3 demo.
Chase also witnessed a very aggressive Baylor spread attack take me apart.

I think this issue has more to do with Oregon than "spread" teams. For some reason the Ducks can't seem to get any type of ground game going out of the shotgun, yet other CPU teams I saw at E3 with similar offenses were pretty dynamic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »