Home

NBA 2K12 - Let's Talk About NBA Authenticity, Artistic Improvements

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 - Let's Talk About NBA Authenticity, Artistic Improvements within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #153
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K12 - Let's Talk About NBA Authenticity, Artistic Improvements

I wanted to add Chris Paul to the list of players that need face up grades as well as Paul Pierce. 2k8 had CP3 perfect and 2k9's Pierce was pretty good as well. I don't know what happend. Included a picture of CP3..

http://bossip.com/393555/which-one-w...hris-paul-2-3/
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can there also be the vancouver grizzlies and seattle supersonics unis as throwbacks
Old 06-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #155
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9
someone told me long ago the nba would not alow players to get tech fouls in video games if we can not get that how about coaches i would like to see them get them as well as a bigger part of how they manage there timeouts and subs each coach should bring different style when playing i do not feel the difference between teams.

the crowd should be way more dynamic the mlb game the show has the best crowd reaction and vibrance i have ever herd in a video game it gets me excited, do the cut scene to the mascots from time to time during the game so that we can see them interacting with the crowd and pumping them up.

implement 2 fouls called at same time and offseting ones as well as video review
more than one set of officiating crews tired of seing the same one game after game.
more nba records that can be tracked like each nba teams single season as well as team career
and the ability to edit them so when you put in the no names we can put in the proper ones.

bring back team intros as well as keep the ones you got now of certain players rituals
more use of the jumbo trons players looking up and coaches looking up to see how much time is left or what the score is.

show replays threw the stadiums jumbotron
refs who give fouls to the wrong player then correct it human error would be nice in games
oh and fix when you spend time in practice it seems when i put time for offense i shoot like crap if i pick defense i shoot good seems they have the oposite effect.

some historic teams would be nice past nba champ teams keep the jordan moments but fix it so we can play a whole game instead of 6 min as well as add more feats to beat .

make a ncca game again

have all the events for allstar weekend even a legends game were you can use some of your retired players as well.

the ability to do workouts of rookies before the draft
bring back the ping pong balls when determining who gets the top picks flipping the cards in my opinon is dumb.
jet lag and team travel long road trips effect overall team stamina and a stretch of home games keeps you fresh.
cute scenes of newly aquired rookies and vets threw trades stadium anouncers who mention other games in progress scores and crowd reactions to them.

a trophy room for franchise to view your trophys as well as nba championship rings
coaches desk to do all your transactions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #156
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Let me add that Brook Lopez needs his model updated. Brook has this curly Special Ed afro that he wears most of the season. Also, his face lloks somewhat distorted in the game like they stretched the cyberface over a head too big. He's not as bulky/defined as they have him in the game either which brings me to a point that might have been said earlier. I'll get a pic when not on my phone.

Remove the arbitrary body models that shift based on the weight threshhold. For example you get a skinny body type all the way up to 194 lbs. Hit 195 and suddenly the model jumps to the next body tier. The bodies need to scale with each pound off of a base, though having a scale slider like for the facial attributes would work. It would lead to a lot toward authenticity. This part might be more of a wishlist thing though

sent from parts unknown
Old 06-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #157
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K12 - Let's Talk About NBA Authenticity, Artistic Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManOnTheMoon
Can there also be the vancouver grizzlies and seattle supersonics unis as throwbacks
Pared already said like a million times. THIS ISN'T A WISHLIST THREAD. Pared, can you put that in the title or something? I come here to see what other think can make the game look or sound more NBA authentic but all I see is people requesting old school jerseys.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wingspan is an absolute must. There's a difference between Luis Scola and Bismack Biyombo.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:34 AM   #159
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
accessories have been covered as far as i can see... as long as player's appearances, especially hair and facial hair are fully editable then i'm good
Old 06-28-2011, 04:10 AM   #160
Rookie

OVR: 11
the simple fix to all this is to try and make console play similar to pc play as possible is to add more options and allow us to edit and fix everything.sometimes there are licensing issues,like shoes on certain people.but just add more hair,more accessories,and allow us to edit more cosmetic things,like hair,facial hair,more shoes,more accessories.get rid of the glitches like the no sock when u add a mid calf sleeve.

add color to socks that we can change for home and away.sometimes teams where team color socks or black shoes/socks for home games.this isnt possible with the current system of automatic white socks for home and black for away in most if not all cases.

let us choose the color for sleeves and also have the option for automatic colors.not just the automatic team color one team color two options.

player faces that need work should be addressed.start with the superstars first.like kobe,melo,basically players that arent just the face of the franchise they play for,but for the nba as a whole.

add an animation for a forward leaning shot.if a player is running full speed or if they just want to avoid a block,adding this type of shot would be great.

one of the biggest things that needs to be added is the ability to use post moves when not engaged in the post. being able to jump hook or any other post move would be great.sometimes you are forced to disengage while in the post and you're left with the a reduced array of shots to choose from and become basically stuck in the post.

all in all...2k11 is a great game,and we just gotta keep suggesting great stuff like whats in this thread for the devs

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »