Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #25
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Patch Available on XBOX 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense
One thing online that is extremely noticable, is that the Top 100 fighters aren't nearly as good as they were before the patch.
Including me. I just happened to be one of the few who actually played the game the right way. If I care enough, I will adapt, but right now it doesn't seem worth the adjustment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #26
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

The patch is amazing. You have to fight smart now. Cant just overwhelmed your opponent with punches, or run away the whole fight and end up winning.

BOXING IS BACK BABY!
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 06-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

Is it me or has the judging been terrible since the first patch/tuner? Why doesn't it reward me for throwing less and landing more? Match after match I lose rounds I clearly won. I thought the judging was very well done on release.

With regards to the patch, stamina is definitely much better but slightly too low. I had a guy slowing down in the 1st round! I just KO'd three people using Tyson by just letting them gas out in the mid rounds.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivo1050
Is it me or has the judging been terrible since the first patch/tuner? Why doesn't it reward me for throwing less and landing more? Match after match I lose rounds I clearly won. I thought the judging was very well done on release.

With regards to the patch, stamina is definitely much better but slightly too low. I had a guy slowing down in the 1st round! I just KO'd three people using Tyson by just letting them gas out in the mid rounds.
I had that happen to me too.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #29
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

How is offline playing?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Patch 1.02 Available on PS3

For offline, do you notice if the CPU is more conservative with it's energy/stamina?
I love hearing that stamina has been fixed, but I hope the CPU is smarter about it and doesn't simply wail away until it's zombie-walking around waiting to get KO'd.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #31

OVR: 34

I don't know about what has become of this title. As I look back at things it's almost like when they said we'd have patches and tuners we, from the start, felt the game would be released in a broken state. In some ways it was, but several moths later things are so muddy and unclear.

Every tuner/patch has been an adjustment for me. You don't have the sense that you have a core game and it is being tweaked. Rather, you have this up and down instability where things are being taken out, and other things are being added. From one punch KOs, to "authentic brutality," to the perfect block. It's like the whole game is a beta project.

This current patch leads me to feel the same. It's another adjustment I have to make so that I play the game toward its adjustments. I don't know that I want that again. Maybe the payoff will be there but overall I'm let down by FNC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #32
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10

I'll test it out when I get home tonight. But I have to say, how did EA turn this game into such a mess? The initial out of the box game was great. It just needed a few tweaks. Now, we get a different game with no real cuts or swelling, no real stoppages due to damage, and perhaps no ability to use guys like Ali effectively! In others words, the game has taken about 5 steps back and a couple steps forward. EA gave in to the fans on its forums way too much. This should've been the greatest boxing game of all-time, it should've been, easily, but it has been atrociously managed by EA and it's devs. I will know tonight if it's worth playing again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »