Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #33

OVR: 34
Re: Patch Available on XBOX 360

I'm winning but the jab is dead. It just doesn't do anything anymore. The way I win is to press my opponent and never go backwards. It's when you go backwards where you drain stamina way too much.

I'm guessing the next "exploit" will be hooks to the body. That's where the money is.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:47 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Glad you guys like it. I'm done. There is no way to fight as an outside fighter effectively. I just fought as Wlad vs Marciano. He threw nothing but body punches for 5 rounds and there was nothing I could do to stop him. I couldn't jab him and move, he'd just block and walk through it, and once he was inside, there's nothing I could do to get back out of range. As a real-life boxer, this is a slap in the face.
Good post. When the changes were announced I thought being penalized for movement would ruin the game. Why should anyone be punished for being on their bike? It's one thing to apply pressure, and have someone on the run from good pressure. But, sticking and moving is something entirely different, and it doesn't sound like they've differentiated between the two.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'm winning but the jab is dead. It just doesn't do anything anymore. The way I win is to press my opponent and never go backwards. It's when you go backwards where you drain stamina way too much.

I'm guessing the next "exploit" will be hooks to the body. That's where the money is.

The jab is dead... In a boxing game...

This is what I mean about tuners though, they just haven't helped at all. The game is constantly changing, drastically. I'm very skeptical about buying this game, because I have no idea what it might play like 1 month from now. Instead of making subtle changes to balance the game out, each patch and tuner set has been a knee jerk reaction. People started off complaining about the jab, now they've killed the most important punch in boxing. People complained about stamina (which was the biggest issue IMO), now you can't move back without depleting your tank.

I applaud EA's effort with this title, but seriously how can you make the jab ineffective and not give people the option to dance around the ring. That's boxing, and they were suppose to be making a sim boxing title. If people are running online, sorry but that's realistic. You just have to do your best to cut off the ring. Eventually the running should wear a fighter down, but simple in and out movement, disengaging, shouldn't be so heavily penalized.

Last edited by Lakers 24 7; 06-28-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #36
Rookie

This Game isn't BOXING anymore!!!!

Its just a BODY Punching GAME now.

there is nothing special about it anymore.

I fight as ALI a lot! and ALI wasn't GREAT before this UPDATE he was downgraded then!

Now you throw this UPDATE and Body Spammer all they have to do is throw body shots the whole FIGHT!

How can I AVOID, EVADE or get out of the way of his body shots, You can't do it effectively!! if you take to many shots from someone like
Mike Tyson your going DOWN!

I have to literally not Throw punches for 60 seconds or longer by round 5 or 6.

Its ridiculous NOW!!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #37
Rookie

I'm not the type of Fighter that Stay going Backwards.
I back up & stick and Move!

but I can't DO that! that is BOXING!!

If you BOX or a BOXER your penalized

There is a BIG difference between someone whom
STICKS & Move and someone that RUNS!

but your right! it seems they didn't separate the 2

How in the HELL we're going to BEAT a GOOD Body Puncher! if you can't!
STICK & Move!!! or good Tyson player even.!!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #38
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Patch 1.02 Available on PS3

Money it all depends where you have the cpu output at. I have my pretty high and they throw alot of punches so if its low they don't throw alot, plus they only throw when you are near them
Old 06-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #39
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

The bad news:
This patch is worse than all the other diarrhea patches EA released for this game.

* All that matters is who can body hook faster. No other punch is needed.

* Light Heavyweight RJJ can own Ali & Tyson in ranked matches because he throws faster body hooks than the heavyweights. If they back away from RJJ their stamina drops. If they stay close RJJ's body hooks lower their stamina and lead to quick KO.

*When you are stunned your stamina only regenerates if you a) stand still or b) move toward opponent. If you move away from opponent your stamina will not regenerate. How did EA not know this was unrealistic & stupid?!?

The good news:

I bought FNC from a store that accepts returns on unsatisfactory products. I'm returning FNC and getting my $60 back. I'd rather flush it down toilet than reward EA for making this manure game.

Last edited by boritter; 06-28-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #40

OVR: 34

It's bad. I'm going to give it some more time tonight but it doesnt look good. If ever the game was one dimensional it's now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »