Home

MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

This is a discussion on MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

Another pitching tip:

Pay attention to the numberical rating they put on-screen next to each pitch type. The higher the number, the better your pitcher's "stuff" will be with that particular type of pitch. Always go to your best "stuff" when you need a big pitch in the at-bat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #106
Hall Of Fame

Ryan Braun -- 4 HR and 8 RBI in his last two games! Thank you, Cubs pitching! You are just what the doctor ordered to get him out of that slump.

Best batting advice:

Know the hot and cold hitting zones of all your players. These can be found by going into the "lineup" menu.

Braun, for example, feasts on the high corners of the plate, but can't hit anything below his belt-buckle.

As a general rule, I don't swing at pitches below the waist unless I'm behind the count and have to, because low pitches lead to ground balls.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Where is the option to change pitch speed? Do you mean change to pitching to all star?
Old 07-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #108
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
There is an option to turn off the early pitch locator for the CPU.
Perfect, thanks! Just waiting for this to release for PSN then.

Quote:
You can turn off the pitch indicator for yourself, but then you have no idea where you're aiming the ball in relation to the strike zone.

Bad idea in this game.
Well, most all baseball games offer this (and I use it). It allows me to intend to hit a certain location, but not necessarily paint it. I forget whether this was an option/if I turned it off on Power Pros.

Quote:
I'm not sure if there's a digital option for the hitting cursor. I haven't seen anything like that in the option menus. It seems purely analog.
If this is true, that's really a bummer. Like I said, it's kind of the only way I can hit in this game. I tried analog with Power Pros, and it just doesn't work well for me at all. Same goes for 2K's zone hitting option and The Show's PCI. Gone are the days of digital cursor hitting, I suppose (unless I can request them to patch it in, which I don't think I'd be able to get through to Konami).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #109
Hall Of Fame

Just threw a complete game shutout with Greinke!

Granted, it was against the Pirates......but I managed 6 strike outs and no walks.

Greinke's circle change up is just nasty with that 5-star rating. I really just used that pitch and his 3-star slider, with the occassional 2-star curve-ball.

Corey "Hitman" Hart leads the offense with two solo 2 HRs in the 6-0 stomping of Pittsburgh.

Maybe the teams I'm playing lately just really suck (Cubs, Pirates), or maybe it's time to up the difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Where is the option to change pitch speed? Do you mean change to pitching to all star?
It's under season options ---> game settings. It says "pitch speed" or something like that. You just change it from "normal", which is default, to "fast," which is what I've been playing on.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-07-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #110
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well, most all baseball games offer this (and I use it). It allows me to intend to hit a certain location, but not necessarily paint it. I forget whether this was an option/if I turned it off on Power Pros.
I'm with you - it's the way to go in a game that otherwise allows almost pinpoint control.

Quote:
If this is true, that's really a bummer. Like I said, it's kind of the only way I can hit in this game. I tried analog with Power Pros, and it just doesn't work well for me at all. Same goes for 2K's zone hitting option and The Show's PCI. Gone are the days of digital cursor hitting, I suppose (unless I can request them to patch it in, which I don't think I'd be able to get through to Konami).
Definitely a bummer. Digital was much more responsive in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Greinke's circle change up is just nasty with that 5-star rating. I really just used that pitch and his 3-star slider, with the occassional 2-star curve-ball.
In one of the videos online that c-charge is very screwball-like. Totally nasty.

Quote:
Maybe the teams I'm playing lately just really suck (Cubs, Pirates), or maybe it's time to up the difficulty?
The way to find your level in a sports game like this is to up the difficulty until you get rocked then dial it back.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #111
Hall Of Fame

The circle change up breaks down and to the left. And since Greinke has the 5-star rating on it, the break is super sharp.

Very though pitch to hit when thrown low and in the dirt, which is what I was doing all game. His slider breaks to the right, so you just kind of alternate those two pitches depending on whether you're facing a righty/lefter batter, mixing in the occasional curveball.

The achievements in this game are crazy! Don't think I'll be getting any of them for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #112
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
I've had the most enjoyment playing this game over the other big 2 released this year, both of which I own. Plus the online play is a blast. You can actually take pitches due to to little amount of lag that is present.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »