Home

NHL 12 Video - Offside AI

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Video - Offside AI within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 02:11 AM   #17
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 12 Video - Offside AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Very cool. I just hope the CPU goes offsides sometimes for realism's sake. As well as your CPU teammates going offsides.
I'm hoping for this too. Yep...for realism's sake.

If fact, I've never really had anything I'd consider a 'problem" with either cpu/human, AI players going off sides. I guess I'd even say it was kinda welcome the few times here and there off sides was called. Heck....I'd even say imo, it doesn't happen enough. At least in my experience.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #18
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

And after that, they ask us not be sarcastic about EA's work on NHL!

Problem in NHL 11 wasn't the fact that the AI was offside, it was the fact that the AI was so idiot that the puck carrier would stop, then putting someone offside.

Answer for this, coming up with a new nice animation where the winger who is going to be offside will drag is skate to avoid the offside. If the AI is making the same mistakes as last year, that animation will be just like board play, useless!

On top of that, agains we see a zone entrance where the D is backing off, backing off, backing off...Just like in real life, we're you can get the zone, make 2-3 dangle and then getting the slot to take a wrister top corner. At the same time, guys like Pronger and Timmonen are taking a nap in the hamac with their butts in goalies face!

I hope I'm wrong about EA but I'm affraid of NHL 12 because since NHL 09, all the good EA did with the game, they ruined it by making the AI more stupid then Forrest Gump!
Old 07-25-2011, 01:06 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 10
THIS IS EFFING AWESOME. No more lame duck offsides
Old 07-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #20
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
what does that backchecking consist of though? skating side by side with ya and then automatically stopping ya in your tracks without a check or a poke?
I didn't see it so I can't elaborate, but he seemed impressed by it. I think more aggressive back side & lateral pressure from backchecking forwards would greatly help the passive D at the blueline problem. D-men can play a contain style like that, but you need supporting pressure to do so.

I agree better defensive controls are needed -- like a responsive & accurate free poke check and collision detection for all player interactions, not just checks with the R-stick.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1
Keep these vids coming! Maybe one spotlighting whether or not the CPU defence plays you tougher in the neutral zone on higher difficulties?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #22
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I was told by someone who played NHL12 that there is significantly more backchecking by AI players.
Backchecking........does that mean they will pick up the trailing attackers on the backcheck,..........or will they just skate back to pre determined positions?

That makes a difference.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:46 AM   #23
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarbro73
Keep these vids coming! Maybe one spotlighting whether or not the CPU defence plays you tougher in the neutral zone on higher difficulties?
Hoping to see this too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »