Home

Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

This is a discussion on Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #81
Operation Sports Fan

Longhorn33's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

How will we get into the community? Do we have to have a password?

Would be cool if they held monthly Community tournaments where the top ranked players from each community faced off in a tournament for Community bragging rights!

Not so sure this feature will be my favorite since I usually only play games with OS users and my friends anyways.

UFL League Member: Cowboys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

This is the feature I've been wanting for years....I'm now officially excited about Madden!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn33
How will we get into the community? Do we have to have a password?

Would be cool if they held monthly Community tournaments where the top ranked players from each community faced off in a tournament for Community bragging rights!

Not so sure this feature will be my favorite since I usually only play games with OS users and my friends anyways.
The guy who starts the community sets whether it has a password or not. As for your last sentence, this should make this feature your favorite I would think since now it will be easier for you to find fellow OSers!

Oh and Btw, you can count on me starting an OS Grandpa Gamers community for older, sim-style guys to play in!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-27-2011, 03:07 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yup. This is the not-so-hidden problem in the Communities idea. I have a hunch that policing them will be much harder than those pushing PR for the feature will admit. I can see the issue of policing causing serious problems for the Communities feature in practical terms.

How much time does a community founder have to respond to potential complaints about individuals' game play? It's very hard to do that with the small sample size of a 32-man league, much less a bigger group.

I'm prepared to hear trumpeting fanfare in response, but anyone who has played consistently with a community of even 15-20 guys knows that things get hairy and that the utopian idea of communing with gamers who hold shared beliefs is hardly ever realized.

Maybe between now and release the communities could be given a larger administrative structure like diocese and bishoprics and parishes and such.
This is the age of the internet.... Everyone can capture video on a cell phone or pc or video camera to provide evidence. It's really not as hard as some make it out to be. Plus each community has mods in addition to the administrator. Keeping a 32 man OF within the rules isn't that hard... Especially when you use the tools at hand as stated above..
Old 07-27-2011, 03:24 AM   #85
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yup. This is the not-so-hidden problem in the Communities idea. I have a hunch that policing them will be much harder than those pushing PR for the feature will admit. I can see the issue of policing causing serious problems for the Communities feature in practical terms.

How much time does a community founder have to respond to potential complaints about individuals' game play? It's very hard to do that with the small sample size of a 32-man league, much less a bigger group.

I'm prepared to hear trumpeting fanfare in response, but anyone who has played consistently with a community of even 15-20 guys knows that things get hairy and that the utopian idea of communing with gamers who hold shared beliefs is hardly ever realized.

Maybe between now and release the communities could be given a larger administrative structure like diocese and bishoprics and parishes and such.
The original guy who starts the communities can appoint others as "police" as well, it's not supposed to just be one user doing all of it, that would be really impractical for larger communities.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #86
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
This is the age of the internet.... Everyone can capture video on a cell phone or pc or video camera to provide evidence. It's really not as hard as some make it out to be. Plus each community has mods in addition to the administrator. Keeping a 32 man OF within the rules isn't that hard... Especially when you use the tools at hand as stated above..
K. I stand corrected. Sounds like it'll be great!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #87
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
There's an option to make the community invite only (which is like what mine will be as I look to expand beyond my friends list and OLF's), so a room for OS could be set to private and a member would have to be invited and potentially have their OS account verified for admission. Also if a cheeser slides in they can always be booted by a Community Manager (not just the creator) much like Mods to a forum.

So you could probably stand to be a bit more optimistic regarding the potential this offers.
This is exactly what came to mind. An Operation Sports Invitation only room. Maybe one of the mods can start it so there aren't 50 OS rooms. Imagine that!!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #88
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
This is the age of the internet.... Everyone can capture video on a cell phone or pc or video camera to provide evidence. It's really not as hard as some make it out to be.
Seriously? People care that much about their online records that they would do this?

What's easier?

A) Hey that guy is a cheeser let me go capture the video and send it to a community mod. To get him kicked.

B) I'll just play people on my friends list who I know and play the game right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »