Home

NBA 2K12 Should Get Redunkulous (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Should Get Redunkulous (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 02:42 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur_0909
They should change the commentary team to Jef Van Gundy, Mike Breen, And Marc Jackson. They should take out the black top mode and put the All Star weekend, like All Star friday will be like the celebrity game and the rookie ve sophmores game, the All Star Saturday will be the TheShooting Stars, The Skills Challenge, The Three Point Contest, and The Dunk Contest.
Oh and one more thing instead of being it in the blacktops it should be in the Arena. Like how it is in real life
Old 08-07-2011, 03:41 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K12 Should Get Redunkulous (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur_0909
They should change the commentary team to Jef Van Gundy, Mike Breen, And Marc Jackson. They should take out the black top mode and put the All Star weekend, like All Star friday will be like the celebrity game and the rookie ve sophmores game, the All Star Saturday will be the TheShooting Stars, The Skills Challenge, The Three Point Contest, and The Dunk Contest.
Well, to my knowledge, JVG, Marc Jackson (not sure what they're gonna do bout him), and Mike Breen are all under contract to EA for the next installment of their basketball game Elite '13 or Live '13, whichever name they go with.

Steve Kerr and Kevin Harlan should be just fine for 2K12. We'll get a real TNT feel for the game.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

the celebrity game is very possible as well because they have legends in the game as well as celebrities from blacktop mode. shooting stars is also possible if they figure out what to do about WNBA (that'd be a little much to add, would probably need their own game and then you can import em over or some ****, for now... ignore shooting stars mode lol)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #52
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

question? is it not true to say that EA sports have the rights to allstar weekend?and the reason y 2k has to do a blacktop version.....
nevertheless the dunk contest 3 input actions as it is, is just fine..the level of the focus as the dunks get harder makes the risk and reward system balance.and the matter of hitting timing right on the final input to actually dunk the ball feels very real as to human input determines make or miss and the difficulty of the dunk determine time window to make the dunk.....only thing they need to add in my opinion is the atmosphere I.E add a lively audience to cheer and makes noise on big dunks or fail dunks....very good place to implicated the soundtrack(only menu seems to get the most love when it comes to default soundtrack)
Old 08-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
question? is it not true to say that EA sports have the rights to allstar weekend?and the reason y 2k has to do a blacktop version.....
nevertheless the dunk contest 3 input actions as it is, is just fine..the level of the focus as the dunks get harder makes the risk and reward system balance.and the matter of hitting timing right on the final input to actually dunk the ball feels very real as to human input determines make or miss and the difficulty of the dunk determine time window to make the dunk.....only thing they need to add in my opinion is the atmosphere I.E add a lively audience to cheer and makes noise on big dunks or fail dunks....very good place to implicated the soundtrack(only menu seems to get the most love when it comes to default soundtrack)
This has been up for debate at one time or another, but I've never been able to see how EA could own a weekend. For starters, 2K has an All-Star game, just like EA does. . .which is a part of All-Star Weekend. But assuming the owning of rights is only in reference to All-Star Saturday and All-Star Friday, I'm still not convinced that's possible. It'd seem EA might have to own the rights to the sponsors of each competition but as we know, it's 2K that's had the Sprite affiliation through the years (The Sprite Slam Dunk Competition).

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just curious how such rights would work. 2K would still be allowed to have a "Sprite Slam Dunk Competition" with the same competitors, and with judges, and scores and whatnot, only it'd have to be held outside? It just feels funny. If the Weekend rights could be had, wouldn't the NBA Finals be next for exclusivity?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »