Home

NBA 2K12 Adds Over 1,000 Animations, Every Graphical Detail To Be Dynamically Updated

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Adds Over 1,000 Animations, Every Graphical Detail To Be Dynamically Updated within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K12 Adds Over 1,000 Animations, Every Graphical Detail To Be Dynamically Upd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinsfan26
I just want there to be a animation to have the player walk up the court realistically

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. It looks so awkward when you try to make a player move up the court at a slower pace. Not every player bolts downcourt in 3 seconds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K12 Adds Over 1,000 Animations, Every Graphical Detail To Be Dynamically Upd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
This. It looks so awkward when you try to make a player move up the court at a slower pace. Not every player bolts downcourt in 3 seconds.
I believe I read the walking animation will be re-introduced for 2K12.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 30

"...and delivers all-new control mechanics for post play and ball control to make the game more intuitive to play than ever before."

The above highlighted is my concern. I need more details because the overall info just seemed like a piling on of more icing, as usual, for NBA2K with just a smidge gameplay talk.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #44
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Mike confirmed weeks ago that this was added back into 2k12.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #45
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwadefan
Enhanced Gameplay - NBA 2K12 adds +1,000 new animations this year and delivers all-new control mechanics for post play and ball control to make the game more intuitive to play than ever before.
not sure i like the sound of this...looks like 2k may have gone and messed with the game too much...i liked the R2=L2 post up mechanic....and i loved the dribble control and control scheme...from reading this it looks like they're trying to dumb down the dribbling or something...i fear 2k may have tinkered with stuff that didn't need tinkering, and thus tinkered the game into something less that 2k11.

i guess we'll find out soon enough

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-07-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #46
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
not sure i like the sound of this...looks like 2k may have gone and messed with the game too much...i liked the R2=L2 post up mechanic....and i loved the dribble control and control scheme...from reading this it looks like they're trying to dumb down the dribbling or something...but i fear 2k may have tinkered with stuff that didn't need tinkering, and thus tinkered the game into something less that 2k11.

i guess we'll find out soon enough
Nothing in that paragraph you quoted leads you to believe that they have dumbed down the controls.

It's good that they're just no saying "this is good enough". Things can always get better. This is just things that will be written on the box to get people to buy the game, it doesn't mean that they've radically changed and broke the control scheme.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 08-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #47
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

If 2k could cut down on the suction animations i would be more hyped.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #48
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Of those 1,000 new animations, I, like many others, am hoping that at least 10 of those new animations are specifically noticeable in potential fast break situations.

For instance, not every fast break pass is a chest pass. There should be a new situational animation for a player in the open court to spin, let the ball bounce ahead in front of him, or catch the ball in stride and finish at the rim without dribbling. Player momentum would have to come into play because I wouldn't want Wade to receive a pass from 'Rio at half court and spin for no reason. But yeah.

Or this link here in case I screwed up the embed (in which case, someone please edit it for me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fFQdOTqkM4

Something as simple as this, if implemented properly, could make a lot of us "fast break enthusiasts" happy if anything similar is part of the 1,000 new animations, haha.
Hopefully with the new ball physics and added animation we can get more organic looking plays.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »