Home

NBA 2K12 Adds Over 1,000 Animations, Every Graphical Detail To Be Dynamically Updated

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Adds Over 1,000 Animations, Every Graphical Detail To Be Dynamically Updated within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #49
Rookie

ekferio's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K12 Adds Over 1,000 Animations, Every Graphical Detail To Be Dynamically Upd

more canimations
Old 08-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #50
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K12 Adds Over 1,000 Animations, Every Graphical Detail To Be Dynamically Upd

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
not sure i like the sound of this...looks like 2k may have gone and messed with the game too much...i liked the R2=L2 post up mechanic....and i loved the dribble control and control scheme...from reading this it looks like they're trying to dumb down the dribbling or something...i fear 2k may have tinkered with stuff that didn't need tinkering, and thus tinkered the game into something less that 2k11.

i guess we'll find out soon enough
While I don't see how the paragraph you quoted would lead to this conclusion, I DO feel it's a valid concern. I love 2K11's gameplay and I would be happy if it stayed the same. But no one will ever claim it couldn't be even better and I'm certain that's the case with the devs. Plus you're always going to have those people that would claim - "The gameplay is stale" or "same ole, same ole" whether or not it was good. The challenge becomes making it fresh while at the same time keeping it familiar and clean.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #51
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
If 2k could cut down on the suction animations i would be more hyped.
"Cut down"... Or eliminated completely? Sometimes, folks mean the other...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #52
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
All that is great, but if they have failed to remove or reduce suction I'll be highly disappointed.
with the updates they announced already and the NBA Greatest mode(s) it would be hard for me to not get this game but I am a little concerned that they might slack this year in the gameplay department based on how well received last years game was and the fact that there is no competition this year. I know 2k wont leave the gameplay untouched, I just hope that there are enough improvements to make the game feel like a fresh, new experience and 1,000 new animations doesn't guarantee that. can't wait for more info and vids to be released.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #53
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I don't expect the suction to go away completely until they come up with a new ground breaking engine or some system that takes care of that. If they are not saying something like "...that would change the way basketball games are being played" (and not just as a marketing gimmick without backing it up), I don't see it happening.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #54
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Maybe I'm a bit late, but I just noticed that 2K12's home page is up. Hope it means we are getting some more info this week.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #55
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
"Cut down"... Or eliminated completely? Sometimes, folks mean the other...
I would rather they be eliminated but it seems that 2k cant completely get rid of them. So if they can limit the amount of them, and cause fouls to take place when some are triggered in certain situations at least the game would be more enjoyable to play as in regards to those suction situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Maybe I'm a bit late, but I just noticed that 2K12's home page is up. Hope it means we are getting some more info this week.
Can you give me a link?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »