Home

NHL 12 Trailer - Legends Teaser (This is the "Big" Announcement)

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Trailer - Legends Teaser (This is the "Big" Announcement) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #65
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 12 Trailer - Legends Teaser (This is the "Big" Announcement)

I suppose it is too early to be disappointed about this, with really no info on what this will be all about. But I sure am tempted to be.

As a 95% GM mode player, the Legends will have no place in the game for me, for the vast majority of my time with the game. Maybe I'm just being selfish...but this being the "Big" thing, at least seems like something I'll get very little use out of. And like some others have eluded to, I also think there's so many other areas of the game that the resources [dev time] could have been put to better use. Jmo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #66
Banned

Jattbreed's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Also unless they give the legends actual cyber faces they will look like every teams 3rd and 4th liners.

That needs addressed next year IMO. Every player in the game that has played in the NHL should have their actual cyber face. No excuse as to why not in already IMO. Is it disk size issue? If so I wish they would address it.
No way is disc size an issue, especially for the PS3. It's probably laziness, too much work to do, or other issues we don't know about.

MLB The Show, every player has their face, and if it's a rookie, they at least create their face with their detailed player face creator to make it resemble it.

Hopefully this isn't the big announcement, we're just assuming it is.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 10

As it is now I'm at least guessing that it will be a little more than just a few classic player free agents as anybody with a petrpuck spreadsheet can make a few CAPS in about 15 minutes. Maybe you can play your classic player through his career in BAP, although this would be pretty worthless unless they recreated each of the eras and leagues the player played in (which is highly doubtful).

In short, the only way this could be an engaging and fun thing would be if they had classic teams for every single team in the league or if they had some kind of classic season or historic moments game mode. I kind of doubt the NHL franchise has the budget to do all of that in one development cycle though.

Last edited by plaidchuck; 08-09-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:24 AM   #68
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
It's one thing for blasting EA for this and that, what I like is to have some explanations and that's what DeconstruKt did.

I understand what you say and it's obvious that the "presentation style" is lacking from EA games. Just a comparison of what 2K did with NBA 2K11 versus what we have for NCAA 12 or NHL 11 is pretty obvious.

Most of what you ask have been mentionned over the years and I guess that for EA, it's not a priority. They seemed to touch some of the presentation this year, but for guys like you, and versus 2K, I guess it will fall short.
The only EA game I see stiving presentation wise seems to be Madden right now (surprisingly). I've bought the NHL series on a consistant basis since the birth of NHL games on the next-gen consoles in 07. Comparing the improvements they've made to now: NHL 07 = skill stick (ground breaking feature that's now a staple in hockey games. NHL 08 = skill stick 2.0, not much other improvments besides graphics and AI learning. NHL 09 = defensive skill stick, Be A Pro and EASHL. Ever since the success of NHL 09, there have been very little improvements. And the sad thing is, presentation has been absoluetly neglected. In my mind, EA's been resting on their laurels and this big announcement dissapointed me, but I'll wait until they release a blog about it before I judge.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #69
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Ever since the success of NHL 09, there have been very little improvements. And the sad thing is, presentation has been absoluetly neglected. In my mind, EA's been resting on their laurels and this big announcement dissapointed me, but I'll wait until they release a blog about it before I judge.
I dissagree. Unless you are speaking about presentation only.
Sure there's room for improvements (there always is), especially when it comes to BAGM and some modes, as well as presentation in general.
But 10 -> 11 contained a few minor tweaks;
Physics engine
Broken Sticks
Face off overhaul
Hustle
Quick dekes

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 08-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #70
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Who knows...maybe this Legends additions will be pretty cool, after we learn the depth of this thing.

But I can't help but to think...I just wish they hadn't hyped this the way they did.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
But 10 -> 11 contained a few minor tweaks;
Physics engine
Broken Sticks
Face off overhaul
Hustle
Quick dekes
Right now, the "physics engine" is just a new hitting engine that's turned the game into a hit-fest. The actual skating physics in the game are still unrealistic and arcadey.

Broken sticks are cool but nothing amazing or game-changing.

The new faceoff system is just a lame rock-paper-scissors minigame. As a full-time center, it's just annoying more than anything.

Hustle button has basically made the speed and acceleration attributes worthless. You can just pour all your attributes into endurance, hustle all game long and ignore putting points into speed/acceleration. Nice gamebreaker there haha.

So yeah, they haven't added much worthwhile to the game since NHL 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #72
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5

Boooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »